1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S3 / Standby / Scheduled Recordings

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by mark.carline, Oct 23, 2005.

1. mark.carline

mark.carline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +125
    I just wondered does anyone know:

1) How many minutes before a scheduled recording does their PC wake up?

2) In power options how many minutes have you set your "system standby" to before it goes into standby ?

Surely if 2) is lower than 1) then your system may go into standby before the recording starts ?

2. rdhir

rdhir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The wake uses the internal clock and is supposed to wake up exactly when it needs to start recording, although I presume its smart enough to do it a few seconds before, and yes you're right it could but practically speaking you can't set the power off for less than a minute and recording definitely happens faster than that.

If you are worried about the accuracy of your internal clock I suggest you enable the net time facility which synchronises the clock with standard clocks on the internet. Check out "Internet Time" tab on date time properties (use control panel or double click the date/time on the windows XP toolbar).

Cheers

Rajiv

3. MattTheBeanster

MattTheBeanster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +93
    I find mine uses the power options standby time. I have mine set to 3 mins so it powers up 3 mins before it has to record then goes into standby 3 mins after it's finished recording.

I found the windows time service to stuff my recordings as it kept resetting it to the wrong time (appeared to be the time it was put into standby). So i disabled it and use nettime (free downloadable prog) to sync my time. Been fine since.