S2 to S3 .... is it worth it?

Moiizer

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just wondering, as the title says, is it worth the jump from the S2 to S3?

I no the spec's are clear but i recently rooted my S2 and have been so impressed by the increased speed and the screen looks so much more clear and vibrant now, but me being me, i cant help but want a S3 lol.

Just wanting some input from any other S2 to S3 jumpers whether they have been massively impressed or whether they didn't notice anything major that warranted the change.

cheers guys :smashin:

My two pence worth, I preferred the S2 over the S3 and wasn;t at all impressed by the "upgrade".

I like the shape of the S2 more and the software upgrades of the S3 were pretty trivial adding very little real-world value (Smart Call, Smart Stay, S-Voice, popup video in a window etc).

Not worth upgrading in my opinion if you have a rooted S2.

I made the move from rooted S2 to S3 on Friday... couldn`t be happier as the difference is very noticable imo. I even went back to stock firmware as I fealt it was quicker than any of the roms available at the mo :thumbsup:

Same here. I went from S2 to S3 and couldn't be happier. It's runs a lot quicker and is more stable IMHO. I am on stock rom and can't see any reason to change. I also can't root as I have Sky Go.

I have just gone from S2 to S3 and also very happy, very smooth and have just updated to latest stock firmware and rooted, Sky Go will work with a rooted phone with a stock rom if you use this app to temporarily unroot [APP] Voodoo OTA RootKeeper (and temporary un-root) - xda-developers - basically you run the app, use sky go then when finished run the app again to go back to full root, no flashing involved

I have an s3 but have also had a lil experience with an s2 and i wouldnt say an upgrade is justified atm given the price point of the s3. There is a difference but i believe its negligible in everyday use.

Good thread. If your thinking of changing why not wait a month and see if the new iphone coming out reduces the price of the s3 any
Think its due on the 12th Sept (the announcement is anyway)

will the iP5 be any different to 4S and will it compete with Samsung? Will it actually eradicate the phone aspect problems of the past and look to become a bit flexible? Will the screen size hit the 5 inch?

will the iP5 be any different to 4S and will it compete with Samsung? Will it actually eradicate the phone aspect problems of the past and look to become a bit flexible? Will the screen size hit the 5 inch?

Im assuming you mean 4" for the ip5 yes its pretty much 100% certain.

I've got an S2 running ICS and I'm tempted to upgrade, I'm currently really happy with my phone thou so i'm either going to get another S2 and save £150 or get an S3. Is the S3 really worth the extra £ ? Is it just a bit quicker ?

I've got an S2 running ICS and I'm tempted to upgrade, I'm currently really happy with my phone thou so i'm either going to get another S2 and save £150 or get an S3. Is the S3 really worth the extra £ ? Is it just a bit quicker ?

why would you get another s2? whats wrong with the one you have?
Stick with the s2 and go on to a £10 a month on giffgaff contrract saving you a fortune!

Only screen change is noticeable for me. Others than that is not really significant.

S2 fits in my pocket sitting down the S3 doesnt. Might not be an issue for some but it is for me. Apple seem to think the same that a phone should be pocketable sticking with 4" for the iPhone 5.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom