S2 Car Mount

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member

john o

alphaomega16 said:
Trying to find a mount for navigation, been trying out that Route 66 with follow me thing but my phone keeps falling on my dash as its leant against the windscreen :rotfl:

Need a good one thats cheap and was wondering what people thought of a couple I had found, or if they have any suggestions.

Car Holder Mount & Charger for Samsung i9100 Galaxy S2 | eBay

MOUNT HOLDER FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 I9100 +CAR CHARGER | eBay

Hi I also would like to find a good in car holder but would like one that would be able to take my case mate case as well. Any ideas, cheers

theoldbill

Standard Member
Not cheap but I bought a Brodit mount for my S2. Utterly awesome, worth every penny. So solid inside the car, feels like it was original equipment. Spoil yourself for Christmas, you won't regret it. Only slight downside (doesn't affect me) is that it won't hold a phone in a case.

Had a cheap Halfrauds mount before for my HTC. They are worlds apart.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Ordered mine and got an e-mail from amazon saying the following

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

"Kit Samsung Galaxy S 2 In Car Sat Nav Pack with Multisurface Suction Holder and Car Charger - Black"
Previous estimated arrival date: January 24 2012 - March 15 2012
New estimated arrival date: December 30 2011 - December 31 2011

But I wanted it to try out the Route 66 Navigation software and the 30day trial thing runs out on the 24th :(

Dont suppose you live in southend do ya rizza lol

Rizza

Lol, you'd have got it earlier if not for xmas. Sorry I'm not local to you.

Rizza

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Lol, you'd have got it earlier if not for xmas. Sorry I'm not local to you.

Rizza

hehe no worries, I am actually going on a 1h trip to pick dad up next tuesday so I am hoping it gets shipped before the weekend as I have first class picked to get it asap.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Amazon.co.uk items (Sold by Amazon EU S.a.r.L.):

1 Kit Samsung Galaxy S 2 In ... £8.99 1 £8.99

Dispatched via Royal Mail (estimated arrival date: December 19, 2011).

WOOHOO its on its way baby.

Rizza

Pleased for you, can't understand the 1-3 month estimate when they seem to always process it within a week! Now I'm nervous that it meets your expectations cos you bought it on the basis of my recommendation.

Rizza

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Pleased for you, can't understand the 1-3 month estimate when they seem to always process it within a week! Now I'm nervous that it meets your expectations cos you bought it on the basis of my recommendation.

Rizza

Its one that sticks to the window mate, my expectations is that it keeps falling off which has been my experience. If it stays on the window then ill be happy lol.

It wasnt the only reason I bought it, its cheap which is nice and someone has it already without mentioning the above :smashin:

silent ninja

Mine arrived yesterday. Not tried it in the car yet but did try it on the house window. It has a very strong adhesive-type suction cup. This will definitely not slip off. The phone fits in fine. The arm isn't adjustable up and down so I hope the angle is okay in the car. Otherwise for £8.99 seems to do the job.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I can have mine upright or sideways and move it up and down.

Rizza

Mine arrived yesterday. Not tried it in the car yet but did try it on the house window. It has a very strong adhesive-type suction cup. This will definitely not slip off. The phone fits in fine. The arm isn't adjustable up and down so I hope the angle is okay in the car. Otherwise for £8.99 seems to do the job.

The arm on mine is stiff, but does adjust up and down.

Rizza

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Last edited:

Uridium

Distinguished Member
Not cheap but I bought a Brodit mount for my S2. Utterly awesome, worth every penny. So solid inside the car, feels like it was original equipment. Spoil yourself for Christmas, you won't regret it. Only slight downside (doesn't affect me) is that it won't hold a phone in a case.

Had a cheap Halfrauds mount before for my HTC. They are worlds apart.

You're not wrong...first thing i always do when i get a new phone now is buy a Brodit mount. I even base my new phone choice now on whether or not a Brodit mount is available :laugh:.

Having the Bottom mounted USB port makes the S2 and Brodit mount perfect. I now have my S2 tweaked via an app named 'Tasker' so that as soon as i drop it in my Brodit mount the phone auto enables bluetooth then as soon as i switch my Bluetoooth enable car stereo on the phone auto connects to it and launches Cardock mode.

Brodit mounts may seem expensive but are worth every penny.

Paul Shields

My car stereo doesn't have bluetooth - I use a line-in jack. The official Samsung car mount has an aux out socket on it but requires a sucker to the window which I'd rather avoid. I have a Brodit mount on my car for my (current) iphone but the Brodit S2 active holder only charges, doesn't pass audio.

Anyone here with any experience in attaching the Samsung mount to a Brodit mount? Or am I mistaken about the Brodit holder and it will pass audio. I don't want to be plugging a wire into the headphone socket everytime I get in the car - want to plonk into the holder and it's connected. I don't mind the additional cable to the mount (the iphone does it all down the dock cable to a Griffin thing).

Cheers chaps

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom