S+W 1209 DEMO -thanks Richard !

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tiberious, Nov 22, 2001.

1. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just spent 25 mins typing up my visit - and the bloody PC crashed!!

Still - good news for you guys - It`ll be shorter this time !!

In short - Richard, you`re a star.I didn`t expect a fraction of the time you spent with me - and no, he wasn`t selling anything !!

I`ve not enjoyed a day so much in ages, - it was an education, and I can`t thank you enough.

If you get the chance to do "the tour" of S+W , you will not regret it - fabulous equipment.

The 1209s was even bigger than my cardboard cutout - and surprisingly, produced a better picture !!.

I am concerned that I would not have sufficient headroom if I got one of these - we will see.

As I can`t afford an interpolator(!!), what do you guys reckon on the scaling front ?

What would the minimum drop , ceiling to base of unit , be for a 1209 (incl mount) ?

dvd players ?
    Receivers ?
    speakers ? (7)

I`d value everyones opinion on equipment - I have some ideas, but "its good to talk!"

Budget is £15/- , So I may struggle.

What do you think ?

I will hopefully check out the SIM 300 as well - if the headroom is a problem, I need options. Timescale is not before start of Feb next year, so plenty of time.

Now, what can Santa bring me ........

2. RichardA

RichardA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :blush:

It was a pleasure Steve.

More news on a possible factory tour once I can pin the boss down!