1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-video vs Syncblaster

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Raz, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Raz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Hi guys,

Here's the scenario:

I've got a Sony Plasma with the following inputs: 15-pin d-sub, composite and s-video. I initally connected my Digibox via s-video and although the picture was ok I was convinced there was room for improvement so I purchased a Syncblaster cable to connect to the 15-pin input. To my disappointment although the colours are better via the Syncblaster the picture is inferior to s-video when viewing normal TV. S-video seems to smooth out a lot of the pixelation where as with the sb cable they're more apparent.

Is this normal? Am i doing soemthing wrong? I have checked the settings on the Digibox and they are correct (RGB etc). The other thing that peed me off was that the SB cable can't seem to draw enough power from the digibox scart ouput so I need an extra plug socket for it and there wasn't one spare on my extension!

I also purchased and optical lead to connect from the digibox to the DVD player for better sound. I was originally using phonos and once again I am surpised as the phonos give a much punchier sound then the optical lead which gave a dull sound. Am I going mad?

Last question: is it worth spending bucks on an expensive s-video lead (like the Monster range) will I see a marked difference in quality from using a cheapy JVC one?

Your thoughts are much appreciated.