1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Video via scart

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by snejk, Mar 8, 2005.

1. snejk

snejk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Should s-video via scart (scart connector at both ends and the dvd set to ouput s-video through its scart socket and tv socket should accept s-video) really work?

Im asking this because when i set my dvd player to output s-video via scart i get a fuzzy picture with hardly any color in it. I tried it on another tv and it was very clear however absolutely no color!!

I'm supposing none of the scart sockets on both tv's which i used are designed to accept s-video. But why the different result?

Thanks

2. Rolo Tomasi

Rolo Tomasi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    S-video can indeed be sent via scart lead. I suspect the problem is at the TV end, as you suspect.

3. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thats because your only getting through the luminance component of the picture signal :) You need to go into the set up menu on the television and configure the scart input to accept a S-video signal :thumbsup:

4. snejk

snejk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there some form of adapter that changes the s-video signal to an RGB signal? (im not expecting to get the RGB signal since the source is S-video but i assume its always better then component).
    Or even easier, is there a way to re-wire the scart to do such a thing?

THanks