S video to scart connection ?

Stoatman

Hi,

Recently purchased a Toshiba SD-9500E DVD player at a very good price. I also purchased a IXOS XHV401 s-video to scart cable. The problem is that when connected, the picture only plays in black and white. Connection by s-video and video in, both work to top notch effect. The only problem, is both these connections are at the front/side of the telvision and do not look attractive (especially to the girlfriend!!). Firstly, why do i only get a black and white picture. Secondly which is the best type of connection to use. (If I/she can live with a cable sticking out the front of the television.

Thanks in advance

GreenBars

The scart socket on the TV, that you have connected your DVD to, is either, not S-video compatiable, or needs to be set to S-video via an on-screen menu - check your instruction book. When a socket that can't accept S-video receives such a signal, the picture displayed is B&W; this is true if the socket can receive composite or RGB signals.

Remember, "Not all scart sockets are created the same".

Stoatman

Ah ha !! Did not know that. Just checked manual and only one of the scart sockets in the back of the television accepts S-video. And where do you think i had the dvd player plugged in. Yeah, the other one!! Will try the other socket

Thanks very much

The latest video from AVForums

Philips OLED807 Review, The High Price of Hi-Fi, Video Processors plus AV / HiFi News & More
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom