S-video socket/capable Satellite Box?

R

ramer

Can anyone point me in the direction of a Free-to-air Satellite box that has s-video output; preferably non-scart?

Thanks.

Russell. (ex-Dolby and ought to know the answer really).

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Ex-Dolby (hmmm....interesting).

AFAIAW, the answer is Sky+, no regular Sky boxen have 's' out via scart or owt else.

Some terrestrial digital TV units do have 's' out but that's not my department.

HTH,

Mike.

I should have said terrestrial box a la PACE Twin unit which I've just seen details of (it would be good as we need a recorder too).

I've got the little Pace FTA box from Argos.
It has S-video out but only on the single fixed Scart Cable.

Nice piece of kit though.

Originally posted by Duncan Craig
I've got the little Pace FTA box from Argos.
It has S-video out but only on the single fixed Scart Cable.

Nice piece of kit though.

The only thing preventing me from getting a FTA DTV stb/adaptor is the lack of S-video output AND RF loopthrough (which the Pace doesn't have).
I don't like the idea of splitting the incoming rf signal.

Duncan, is this what you do?
If so, how is the signal, do you use an amplifier?

Why is there so little support for S-Video on these STB?
I would of thought a lot of people would have use for it (not just SVHS users) as most TVs come with only one RGB SCART and this is usually taken up by the DVD or another digibox.

:mad:

Originally posted by Flimber
[AFAIAW, the answer is Sky+, no regular Sky boxen have 's' out via scart or owt else.
Mike. [/B]

The Grundig Sky Digibox has an s-video socket on the back (not scart). I am sure, because I've got one!

I have split my RF through a passive splitter, so I can get RF into the tv, video and stb. It works OK for most of the freeview channels, but some of the muxes (the Hits and TMF etc.) have a slightly low signal when split, and occasionally break up. I'll get an RF amp soon cos I'm expecting a Tivo from Currys :)

I've got a 6-way S-video and composite switcher from Maplins, a Scart switcher from Argos, and a 5-way Scart parallel block. (4 games consoles, VHS, DVD, STB). It's a hell of a wiring nightmare, but it does most of what I need, except that the STB is only in composite. If I had an STB with 2 Scart outputs it still wouldn't really help, cos the T.V. only has 2 Scarts.

The system has slowly evolved and I rewired the whole lot again today! I love it...

When I get the Tivo, I'll probably run the STB straight into that, and get a second STB. Aaarrggggg!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom