1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Video quality?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Niburu, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

I wrote some time ago on here about bad picture quality from my GameCube to 32" widescreen TV. I thankfully solved this by getting the Nintendo RGB scart cable and all was well. I have recently got freeview and this has taken away the RGB scart input on my TV, so I am in trouble again.
    I can either get a SCART junction box or somehow connect my Gamecube to the S-Video input on the TV. My question is, which one should I go for??
    Is the S-Video going to provide as good a picture as the SCART and if I use a SCART junction box, will I lose picture quality.
    If someone can help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

2. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,730
    There's a scart switcher box that you can get from Argos for £9.75 - has 3 inputs & 1 output. All can be set to RGB. You need to buy an RGB cable to go from the Box to the TV though but this is far better than those ones that come with their built in lead. The quality is excellent (the same as if you plugged straight into the TV) with no interference etc. You can buy more expensive ones but this is a great buy! Check out the Argos website for more details.

S-Vid is not as good quality as RGB either - go for the switcher box & you won't be dissapointed.