1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S VIDEO PLAYBACK.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by wazz, Jun 23, 2001.

1. wazz

wazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ihave just recieved a pioneer dv340,which has no rgb output via scart,but does have s video.My tv is goodmans w288ns which has RGB scart input but no s video.so I've bought a s video-scart lead(vivanco/prowire)but the image is only black and white.Anybody got any ideas how to get the best image from the machines ive got.the machine has been hacked as most of my discs are region 1.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Seems the TV can't handle NTSC signals (from your R1 discs), that's why the pic is b&w only.
    Only way around it is to use RGB (which is not possible in your case as you say) or to have a DVD player which can output true PAL50, like e.g. Samsung. Or change the TV ... :(

3. wazz

wazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the tv plays ntsc discs fine through non rgb scart

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You are getting a black and white picture because the Tv is only using the luma scetion of the s-video siganl because it thinks there is only composite video coming in. You will have to stick with composite i'm afraid.

That or get a new TV or DVD, so that both do RGB or both do S-video.

Rick

5. robbo

robbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a goodmans 32" TV and on the menus you have to tell the TV what sort of signal is coming in via the SCART.Is this set right?If its set to RGB the signal has to be |RGB or you'll get weird thing happening.It's worth a try.

6. wazz

wazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    unfortunatly my tv has no menu.