• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

S-Video out to projector - light/dark lines

wpervaiz

Standard Member
hey guys,

I've been using my old sony projector (sony vw12ht) to watch cable. I had it hooked up to the s-video port of the cable box and everything was nice and crisp.

Yesterday, I bought a video card for my pc (nvidia geforce 6200) running windows xp. I installed the card and everything and simply took out the s-video cable from the cable box and put it into the s-video out port of my computer.

It works, but im getting these subtle bands of light and dark that keep scrolling. Every once in a while I can see some slight flickering as well. I tried playing around with the screen resolution and refresh rates but nothing seems to solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

D

dovercat

Could be a ground loop problem. I would try pluging the computer and projector into the same wall socket via a multiplug and see if that makes it go away.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom