S-Video MMI?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by .hack, Apr 27, 2007.

1. .hack

.hack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Other than importing from someone on eBay.com, where the hell do you find these things?

eBay.com

The MMI cable that came with my XGA box was meant to have both composite and S-Video connectors...the MMI cable only had composite. Hate bad advertising.

2. deudonne

deudonne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i need one too

this is on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MMI-AV-Cable-...hash=item320188352747&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177

however i just looked through my wires box and i found a 'component and s-video out' to 'nine pin' din/mmi (looks exactly the same as the one in the ebay picture') - i think it must have come with an old motherboard or graphics card -- i wonder if it'll work with the gadmei TV 5821G i've just ordered (from the only online store to stock it - wonder if it'll ever arrive to be honest).

Will post when i find out - becuase that'll mean that its a generic rather than proprietary connection/cable.

It does have a small label on each of the component wires saying 'Y OUT' etc - and i'm aiming to use it as a YPbPr or S-Video INPUT - Are leads of this nature one-way?

D