1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Video Matrix Switcher

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by o0OBoBO0o, Feb 26, 2004.

1. o0OBoBO0o

o0OBoBO0o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi

I hope someone can hele me out, I have a few newbie questions that I hope you may be able to help with.

I currently have a PS2 / Gamecube / SKY+ / DVD player all using s-video into my current 36" Tosh telly. On the other side of the wall to the Telly is my kitchen where I am installing a 22" LCD Telly.

What I would like to be able to do is watch whatever is on the 36" telly on the 22" telly, additionally I have found this at Maplin

http://www.maplin.co.uk/?userid=SearchEngine&targetmodule=36217

By the looks of the matrix switcher I should be able to say watch SKY on the 36" telly and play PS2 on the 22" telly, or watch the same input on both tellys ?

Has anyone ever tried one of these ?
    Are ther any other resonable (under £100) options out there ?
    Is this too good to be true ?

Thanks for you time

BoBBoB

2. CARLOS

CARLOS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,201
    Looks as though it would do what you want, I`m curious as to why you are using S/Video from your DVD and Sky+ to your 36" TV and not RGB scart ?

3. o0OBoBO0o

o0OBoBO0o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Actually that is what i'm doing at the moment, the only problem is the flat panel on the other wall only has an s-video in, no scart.

Therefore I need to move all my connections to s-video, also it appeared that the only matrix switch nox I could find was s-video based anyways

Hope this makes sense ?