1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-video converter

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by miami580, Sep 14, 2004.

1. miami580

miami580

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only one S-video input (and no component input) on my TV. The DBS receiver is hooked up to the S-video on the TV. Therefore, I will have to hook up the DVD player using composite cables. Is there any advantage to using a S-video converter to go from the DVD player's S-video output to the TV composite input? Or will it be no different than going directly from composite to composite? Thanks

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Hi miami580 and welcome to the forum :hiya:

Useing an S-Video converter will if anything make the PQ worse, not better as you are adding more links into the chain.
    Does your TV not have an RGB scart input? If it does then this is the connection you should be useing as RGB is better then S-Video which is better than composite. You should try to avoid useing composite at all costs.

Mark.

3. miami580

miami580

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, my TV is a few years old and only has composite and 1 S-Video. I guess I will just connect the DVD with compositve until I get a new TV.