1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s - video connection (digibox - tv)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by captaindobie, May 14, 2002.

1. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hello.
    Small query. I have my Grundig digibox connected via s - video to a Sony KV28FX65. While watching sky digital broadcasts i sometimes notice a vertical white line on screen about 2/3 along (left to right). The line is not always visible. but causes minor irritation especially on dark scenes where it can spoil the overall picture. Would simply purchasing a higher quality cable eliminate this problem ? Or is there something else i should be looking for. The cable i currently use is a rather inexpensive number for about £10. Any help greatly appreciated.
    :confused: :confused: :confused:

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Why not use an RGB signal from the box via scart as this should give best results?
    Some widescreen tvs are noted for having a vertical or horizontal line (maybe both - Panasonic pg50, huk tu) - try search on here for posts on your set model.

3. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Ah, well you see. I am one of these weird people who thinks the s - video output from the grundig looks better than rgb !
    I currently use the tv's only RGB scart input to connect my sony dvd player (which i happen to think looks better than the s- video connection). I appreciate the help though. Thanks.:)

4. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most of the Sony DVD players have 2 scarts and will pass the RGB signal from the digibox. Just in case you ever change your mind and want RGB for both.