S-Video cable vs Standard RCA cable?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by KeithH, Oct 4, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone really see a big difference in DVD picture quality between S-Video and RCA cables.I have both Monster S-Video and RCA cables and when i switch back and forth between the two i really can't see a difference,can anybody else see a big difference between the two?Thanks and PEACE..

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +134
    Keith,

You should be able to see improvements in going from composite video (single rca connector) to s-video. You'll also see improvements in going from s-video to component video (which uses 3 rca connectors).
    Picture sources like vhs and satellite don't have the picture resolution to really justify s-video connectors, Laserdisc, dvd and HDTV do... so if you use s-video from dvd you should be able to see finer detail in things like hair and trees or bushes.

However, it really all depends on the quality of your display and source devices. If your tv isn't very good on it's s-video inputs then you won't see any appreciable differences.

Brian.