S-video cable length???? [Newbie Post]

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by shins28, Dec 13, 2001.

1. shins28

shins28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Nad T550 DVD player and am v pleased so far, my question may be basic stuff for you guys but I am a newbie, so be gentle please!
    OK, because of the lack of Scart connections on the old TV I am using [a new TV next year hopefully] I have had to connect to the TV using good quality S-video cable, so far so good. I am getting a great picture.
    The sound is handled by an elderly Technics stereo amp connected direct to the DVD by good q phono leads.
    The problem that I have is that the sound appears to be too slow,
    i.e. someone speaks, their mouth moves, the sound appears a fraction of a second later. It is hardly noticable but once you know it's there.........
    My S-video cable is 1.5 metres long
    Phono leads are 5 metres long
    Could the length of the cables be the problem, I have tried a scart lead as comparison and the sound problem seems to go away.
    Any help appreciated.
    Kind Regards..........Tony

2. Craig_Nike

Craig_Nike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mate I dont think its got anything to do with your cables.

I have never experienced it myself but there has been quite a lot of talk around the boards about players that have 'lip sync' problems.

I'm not familiar with your player or its lip sync history - some of the other guys might be able to suggest a fix - it may have to go back for a tweak.

3. shins28

shins28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Craig,
    I just had an email from Nad saying that a firmware upgrade is availible for my player, so I guess this is the problem........
    Thanks for your response,
    Regards...............Tony