1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s-video and scart connections to TV?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by oflaz, Aug 19, 2004.

1. oflaz

oflaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Yamaha Rx-V1400 and Pioneer dv 575a that I need to connect to my Sony Tv which is not progressive scan capable. I want to watch selected dvds only through the receiver with surround sound system. How do I make the connections? Can I connect the player to tv and receiver seperately? How do I know if the scart conection at the back of my tv is RGB? Thanks..,

2. Lostinapc

Lostinapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am not sure about this but you should be able to connect the dvd to the tv via scart and to the amp via a digital lead (coax was just recommended to me on another thread) so if the amp is off turn the tv volume up if the amp is on turn the tv down and you'll get the surrround sound.
    hope this helps but don't take it as gospel!
    Robert

3. oflaz

oflaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info. That makes sense. On a different issue, how can do I know if my scart input is RGB at the back of tv?

4. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    The socket itself may actually say RGB (it will usually be scart 1) otherwise check the manual. Actually, if you scroll through your available inputs it will usually go something like this:

AV1 > AV1 RGB > AV2 > AV2 SVHS

etc