1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-Video and Component feeds

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Me, Apr 8, 2002.

1. Me

Me

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am looking to get a little advice over a problem in image quality that I currently have with my DVD players. Using a Sony CX850 with S-Video feeding a Sanyo PLV-30 I get a very good picture. Using a Pioneer 606(slightly older player) with component feeding the same projector the picture should be better. It is not. Digital noise is much more evident. The image also seems much more grainy and rough. Cables are all high quality and have been fully checked. Any ideas. I am looking to add a new Toshiba 510, but if I am going to get a poorer quality picture than my Sony using S-Video then thier is really no point. I am not sure what the problem could be, if their is one. Are component output images variable with different players?
    Mark

2. philipb

philipb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Me

All other things being equal, component out is much better than S-video. The obvious assumption is that there is something wrong with the component out on the 606, or the component in on the Sanyo. The only way to track it down is to connect them up to other kit and see which one lets you down. My guess would be the 606

I'm not familiar with your kit, but make sure the DVD and projector settings are correct for component.