S-Video 4 pin & 7 pin confusion

JonathanKnight

Standard Member
Looking at the manual for a Radeon card the picture looks like the Radeon has a 7pin S-Video socket for TV out. My TV has an S-Video socket which takes 4 pins. I am assuming the Radeon just has some extra pins that are not used and a 4 pin S-Video cable will work between the card and my TV.

I have not got the card yet so I want to make sure.

james.miller

Novice Member
my r9500 has that socket. Its for an adaptor so you can plug in a composite lead. If you want s-video, you just take the adaptor out and plug the lead straight in:)

CrispyXUK

the 7pin svideo socket is used for RGB Scart Tv-out, which ATI never enabled

NaTT

Originally posted by CrispyXUK
Never enabled! Anyone rumors? any chances of this being enabled in the future or with a patch??

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by CrispyXUK
This may, or may not, be true for specific ATI cards - I've no idea - but tons of graphics cards have a 7-pin connector for S-video out. Ergo, there must be some other general reason.

There's a fine thread discussing Radeon -> Scart connection elsewhere in this forum.

Mike.

Nic Rhodes

SVIDEO can be outputted on three different connectors per standard, 4 pin mini din, 7 pin mini din and BNCs. All are acceptable standards. Guess which one I like :)

CrispyXUK

its definatly for RGB, as you can patch the bios of the card to enable it.

L

life sucks

Originally posted by The Beekeeper
SVIDEO can be outputted on three different connectors per standard, 4 pin mini din, 7 pin mini din and BNCs. All are acceptable standards. Guess which one I like :)
I even saw it once over 2 rca connectors. people get strange ideas

NapoleonGuitarSolo

Any URL's where you can get the bios to enable rgb from s-video
or clues as to the bios versions we should be looking for?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: TCL C815 TV, Denon & Huawei wireless speaker reviews, New Sony 4K PJ's and more
Top Bottom