1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s-vid signal?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by leedsfireman, Apr 27, 2002.

1. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi,i would like to know that if i use a s-vid to scart cable to tv would that give a slightly better pic than using a scart to scart sending a s-vid signal.i have a tosh 210e which has a s-vid socket but can send s-vid via scart & a panny tx36pf10 which can accept a s-vid signal also via scart.i know this sounds a bit confusing.i have been trying rgb but very unhappy with pic quality.
    thanx,
    andy.

2. Jasonjo

Jasonjo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Unhappy with RGB??? :confused: this sounds a bit wierd...RGB should easily give you the best picture on the Panny. Have you set everthing up properly?

For RGB you will need to use a fully wired scart lead (for a TV like yours consider spending £30-50 on one). Use AV1 on the panny (this is the only RGB socket) and set the Tosh to use RGB on scart.

I have the 32PF10 and have used RGB from several DVD players and this totally blows S-Video away for quality of colours etc..

JJ

3. Kev12

Kev12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    The cable that you mention should in theory give a slightly better picture, due to there being no cross-interference from any audio wires inside the cable.

4. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Although like Jasonjo I would reccommend RGB.
    However mini-din S-Vid leads do no not always allow for WS auto switching whereas a SCART always will. So I would go for a SCART.