1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s-vhs

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Ricky27, Feb 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    hi,im going to buy a new video in a few weeks and would like to buy a s-vhs et model,possibly from panasonic,whats this format like and is it worth the extra money?

2. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    YES, it's worth the extra money although I much prefer the JVC range. My last two Panny SVHS VCRs were CRAP. Cheaply built, unreliable and a dreadful SVHS picture. Maybe they've improved recently I don't know.

I'm well impressed with the pic on my new model, JVC HRS-8850.

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,045
    You can get a Panny S-VHS around £200 I have seen them as low as £161, but the one with the jog shuttle are better for cutting ads out(i.e. stop when the ads come on then get it to the exact spot where they start press rec. then when they have finished press pause, you can hardly see the join), only thing is now the do not have this function on the remote.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    SVHS can be worth it, but it depends what you want to do with it. If you time shift and watch rentals then you might be better off looking elsewhere. SVHS are a premium product but need to be used to their advantage.