Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

S-VHS on Philips 6006

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by damolong, Jan 6, 2003.

1. damolong

damolong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I now have an Xbox and I have been experimenting with connections. Scart 1 (RGB) is too dark as I suspected (known problem with these TVs). Using the phono cable into the AV composite video slot results in a picture which isn't very sharp.

The TV manual says that the 2nd Scart is S-VHS. However, when I connect the scart to this socket, the picture quality is no better than when using the AV phono slot. It also comes up on the TV as EXT2.

When I select the AV options on the remote, I can select TV, EXT1, EXT2, S-VHS2, and AV.

How do I get S-VHS to work? Do I have to select something on the X-Box? I have looked through the menus but can't find anything.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. gingerone

gingerone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +388
    Connect to ext 2 and select svhs2 and that is s-video.

3. damolong

damolong
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't remember what came on the screen when I tried that but fairly sure it was a black and white blurry picture.

Anyone know if I have to tell the xbox to transmit in s-vhs? Do you have to have a certain type of scart cable to be able to use s-vhs?

Thanks