1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S-VHS-C to PC

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by fizzy, Apr 15, 2005.

1. fizzy

fizzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm looking for opinions/suggestions please.

I have about 40 s-vhs-c tapes which I want to transfer to PC. I was holding off doing this project until I got a suitable PC which I now have (Advent 3.4 gig). Once I got the PC, I hooked up my old s-vhs camcorder (Panasonic) to my Canon Dig camcoder and from there firewire to the PC. The stoopied s-vhs camcoder was working a few days previously but is now dead as a doornail. Could be either the power adaptor or the camcorder but in any event is not worth fixing.

I had a look around for a full size s-vhs deck (I have the adaptor for the compact tapes to be used in a full size deck) but find that s-vhs decks go for silly money (either new or used). I don't want to buy a quasi s-vhs playback deck as I understand I will lose tons of quality.

So looking for any suggestions on how I can do this one off project (40 tapes). Once I have the stuff on the PC I will create DVDs.

Oh, and yes, how do I get the one remaining tape out of the old Camcorder?! The stuff on that tape I really want to get at!

thanks!
    Fiz (North London)

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,381
    Well as you don't say, I'm not sure what you think is 'silly money' for an S-VHS VCR, but you can get a JVC S-VHS VCR from Argos for £99 - direct link Here, and probably even cheaper if you do a bit of searching on the internet.

Mark.

3. Slipperystevens

Slipperystevens

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Have a look at item number 5767653949 on eBay. Spotted this seller when I was looking for a normal VCR. This item ends in a minute but he seems to have a few available.

Hope this helps.