S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Worth it?

TheNameIsJambo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only played the original STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. Initially, I was impressed and let down, all at the same time.

Do the sequels get better?

I've also heard there is a 'Complete' modification for one of the games that vastly improves the quality.

Can anyone vouch for the series of games? Or should I just buy this anyway, because it's a steal? :)

Holiday Sale 2011 - Stalker

Last edited:
FAB games. There is a "complete" mod for all 3 games in the series. I have only completed SOC but am fairly far into Call of Pripyat and it's pretty much more of the same thing but more refined. I think clear sky was supposed to be the weak link in the series but for this price go for it.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

Last edited:
Bit of a 'Marmite' series imo. I got a little bored tbh but probably didnt give it enough time. The mod is a must if you decide to give it a go. For the cash its worth a gamble, you dont get a lot for a fiver these days and you might just love it.

BOUGHT!

This is my third sale purchase.

Lego Batmin.
Psychonauts
STALKER 1 & 2.

I really want the 2K and id bundles :eek:

For the cash its worth a gamble, you dont get a lot for a fiver these days and you might just love it.

Tell that to the people who paid a penny for the Indie Bundles! :eek:

I paid £10 for the HIB #3 (Introversion Bundle) and £6.66 for the HIB #4...
because I like supporting developers + charity :thumbsup:

But there is plenty of stupidly cheap content on Steam at times, I love their sales!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom