1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S/Pdif no output. Please help!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by NickBull, Nov 8, 2001.

1. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have solved the problem of the player locking by updating it and also Direct X. The main improvement however is switching to WINDVD. However, even though the windvd panel is saying S/PDIF on it, there's no signal coming through to the Amp. All my connectors are ok, as I've check using it with my old DVD player and the cable and amp are working ok.

Could it be the fact that it's using the S/PDIF out on the All-in-wonder? Has anyone come across problems like this before?

Please help, it's no use having a 7.5 foot screen and only Pro logic!

2. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    Nick.
    It think it will be a setting on the AIW control panel, or the sound card setup panel.
    My Soundcard(Video logic sonicfury) has two phono out plugs red/white. The red one is 5.1 Dolby/DTS etc the white one is just PCM stereo. I had to play around in the settings to enable s/pdif out etc.
    Good luck.

Ps what resolution/refresh rate are you driving your 808 at?

3. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul,

Refresh rates and resolutions are a but of a headache at the moment. We set up powerstrip for 1280x720 at 72 and 75, but on restarting the pc it reverted to a non 16:9 resolution.
    we messed about a bit, but couldn't get any 16:9 resolutions to work. Finally got it to display in 1440x920 at 72 and 75 which isn't 16:9. When I knock the vertical res down to w/s (810) i think, the retart pc to check adaptor can display this resolution message comes up again.

The funny thing is that at 1440x920 or whatever it is, the picture dimensions look right!

ideally I want to get the 1280x720 working as that seems to be the sweetspot accrding to most people.

It might be that the projector need a tweak or two as I can get the w/s resolutions on my monitor!

Be interesting to know how your PC set up goes with the PJ.

Another problem seems to be when I try and run Quake 3 the screen just blanks. There must be a way round it, but not sure what it is yet!

Cheers

Nick