1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S/PDIF cable question

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by pcpaz, Oct 25, 2002.

1. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Before I increase my overdraft by buying Quality OFC RCA cables to connect my TV to my AIW8500DV card, a little question.

Next year I hope to buy an amp to output sound to some quailty speakers instead of the TV speakers (where am I going to get this money???), so will the quality RCA cables become redundant as I will use a single S/PDIF cable from the AIW 8500 card to the amp. Or do I need to use the left & right RCA cables as well??

Are gold plated OFC worth it? do you know of any places they sell them at reasonable prices. Also after a Svideo to Svideo cable as well.

pcpaz

P.S. Littlewoods index has twin RCA cables (5 metres) for £2.99, errmmmm???

2. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Littlewoods - NO.
    Go to http://www.beyondhifi.net - decent cables at good prices. They don't have the biggest range, nor the really whizzy stuff, but the BTech cables I have found good.

If you go S/PDIF, then yes the RCA audio cables will become redundant - this cable sends the undecoded audio stream to the amp for decoding and amplification.

I'd just try some of the BTech cables - they do svideo too - not a huge investment, and I'm sure you'll find a use for the RCA cable once you go all amplificated....