Quantcast

Rz32lz50 ML-041A

DAVIDTV

Standard Member
The picture from the PC input is perfect all the time. At switch on the picture is broken up into horizontal lines. Once warm the picture from the tuner, scart or any other input has ragged vertical edges. When viewing a cross-hatch the horizontals are OK but the verticals are shimmering or ragged. Any ideas please? This is a LG TV.

David

Last edited:

DAVIDTV

Standard Member
Just to let any followers of this topic know the fault was caused by C566 47 mfd 16 volt. Situated near IC505 (and IC500) on the 1.8 volt rail. Its resistance tested OK with an ESR meter in situ but when removed is was only 33 mfd with a resistance greater than 20 ohms. I had a 100 mfd 6.3 volt which I fitted and fixed the problem.:clap:

DAVIDTV

Standard Member
:clap:It's also worth changing C503 (high ESR > 20 ohms), also 47 mfd 16 volts. Others that I've changed are C543 (ESR 7.4 ohms) and C959 (ESR 4.3 ohms), again 47 mfd 16 volts. The problem might be caused by the condensers having too high a voltage rating. The rails that all these condensers are on are only 1.8 volts. The replacements I used were 100 mfd 6.3 volts as I had them in stock.

Top Bottom