1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RZ 42PY10 Vs 42PD5200 ???

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Steven G, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Steven G

Steven G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi - just looking for a little advice.. Just before Xmas I bought the Hitachi 42PD5200 based upon various magazine reviews & feedback from this site. I got a great deal from my local supplier but when it arrived it seemed to be the display model from the shop! Great picture however after a while I noticed that the Sky logo was 'burned' into my screen! I called my shop and they offered a replacement or a refund - I went from the replacement but it seems they couldn't deliver! - none in stock! However, they offered the LG RZ 42PY10 which apparently offered equal quality ..... however, this doesn't seem to be the case. Blacks aren't as defined and over all clarity doesn't appear to be on par with the Hitachi. Solarisation seems to be more obvious too.

Any opinions? Do you reckon I can go back to the shop again? Can I fine tune my config to get a better picture?? I'm really a novice when it comes to areas like this :confused:

Thanks

2. KennyP

KennyP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have similar problems with my RZ 42PY10. Faces "blur" with movement (is this solarisation?). Dark scenes are not very well defined and it seems impossible to get the correct picture config. - different channels seem to need different setting. The set looks nice though!!!!
    I'm also a novice so any help would be appreciated :confused: