1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RZ 42PX11 Service Settings

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Ftmagain, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Ftmagain

Ftmagain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this thread, or something similar has been posted before, i was recomended this site by a reviewer from the Reviewcenter.com

I have recently purchased a LG RZ 42PX11 42" plasma, i am a total novice where technology is concerned, so please bear with me.

From the review i read, i understand there are service settings where you can adjust the quality of the picture and sound, I also understand people within this forum have suggested settings that work for them, can i be pointed in the right direction, i have found the settings by holding down menu on the remote and the plasma at the same time, but need help in the actual settings themselves.

My set up, is the Plasma with a Sky + box in an adjacent room, connected with a simple co-ax cable, controlled via a sky digieye, so i dont have to see any boxes below the TV which is nicely mounted on the wall.

I havent yet purchased a dvd surround sound, but want something flat on the wall below the plasma itself, so any suggestions here as well would be appreciated, (budget range, please)

Many thanks

FTMAGAIN

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    first of all, connect sky by RGB scart as coaxial is the worst possible way. Also make sure in the picture settings menu, you have second location picture format set to 16:9 (as soon as digieye recieves command, sky box switches to second room aspect setting) and make sure scart output is set to RGB not PAL. This will improve the picture by miles.

3. Ftmagain

Ftmagain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is there such a thing as a long scart lead, i will need about 10m in length, to get from the plasma back to the sky box, also (excuse my ignorance) but the terminal ends on the scarts appear fixed, can you take these off and wire them, to pass the cable through the walls etc ??

Thanks for the digieye advice, i had sussed that one out

FTMAGAIN