1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RZ-42PX11 Help

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by alsy, Feb 7, 2005.

1. alsy

alsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After 3 weeks of my RZ-42PX11 sitting upstairs in its box, i've finally mounted it on the wall and connected it up to Sky box & a Panasonic HT520 Cinema Surround DVD Player. Overall very happy with PQ etc etc, but just a couple of niggly probs which are as follows -

The DVD player is connected to the LG via Monster Component 3 RCA cable, the Sky is connected to the LG via Monster scart lead. The sky is connected to the DVD via a 2 RCA lead to get cinema sound to sky ( so the bloke who sold me the leads said ). I get cinema sound when playing a DVD but when i put the sky on it goes of & the sound just comes out of the LG.

Also i've tried a couple of DVD's and i get lip sync probs on some & no probs on others, no lip sync probs on the Sky.

Sorry if this probs are simple ones, but it's my first venture into the realms of plasma, and i'am picking things up as a go along.

P.S. if anyone has any recommendations on the best settings for the LG this also would be appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +472
    isn't there an input select for sound source on the HT250? what do you have your sound out settings set to in the sky box (services, sound settings)? could you connect an optical lead from sky to the HT250? which would give dolby digital off sky too (movie channels 301, 302 and 303)

3. absthechatter

absthechatter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As you have scart from sky to LG, you could run another scart from AV2 to DVD which should sort your sound out (I think!!!) Well it works for mine anyway.

Abs