Rythmik G25HP & F18 (NOT HAPPENING) changed to JTR RS1 & 2400 Subwoofer Group Buy

The Rythmik G25HP, JTR RS1/2400 are fairly small subs

:rotfl:

(They're really not but obviously this does come down to what you're comparing them to!)

So the question is, rather than look at the room dimensions, as any of those 10% subs can easily deliver, is if I put a little bit more money in then just get an end game duo which will also be future proof if and when I move house and potentially get a dedicated HT room.

You're probably set on this logic but FWIW my inclination would be to focus on what you want now rather than guessing what you may want in the future. If you end up with a larger room you may decide you'd be better off with more than two subs anyway, particularly if this was with providing a good bass response over more (or more widely spaced) seats in mind. I'm not in any way trying to tell you how to spend your own money here but just giving you something to consider.

Last edited:
Agree with you, at which point I'll add another duo of the same Rythmik/JTR :D:p

Agree with you, at which point I'll add another duo of the same Rythmik/JTR :D:p

Aslong as u have £10k in reserve for subs, its all good.

I'm still confused why you bring up Rhythmik. JTR are superior AND want to do business with you.. but you keep coming back to them lol.

I am working on a secret mission to get the G25HP's over to me at a reduced cost. If I can pull it off then 100% that's the option I will go for. When all options are exhausted, then I will be left with no choice but pony up the extra for the JTRs.

I am working on a secret mission to get the G25HP's over to me at a reduced cost. If I can pull it off then 100% that's the option I will go for. When all options are exhausted, then I will be left with no choice but pony up the extra for the JTRs.

how come? JTRs seem better, different stratosphere of extension

how come? JTRs seem better, different stratosphere of extension

True, but if what I'm planning pulls off. I can get 2x G25HP's for around £3k into the UK. Compared to the standard cost of £5k for the 2x JTRs.

It's a long shot but worth exploring.

True, but if what I'm planning pulls off. I can get 2x G25HP's for around £3k into the UK. Compared to the standard cost of £5k for the 2x JTRs.

It's a long shot but worth exploring.
Thats a great deal but you stated before you want the best of the best, and thats JTR IMO. Otherwise Rhythmik duals for £3k is killer. Thats the same price as a PB16 lol.

I know right! @PB16 price :rotfl:

This is why I was looking over the pond. We get royally shafted here. It still makes sense after all the import, vat, shipping costs.

Thats a great deal but you stated before you want the best of the best, and thats JTR IMO. Otherwise Rhythmik duals for £3k is killer. Thats the same price as a PB16 lol.

@best of the best

I do talk a good talk, but when you wave a £2k saving in front of my face then all bets are off lol :rotfl:

Move along, nothing to see here.

Last edited:
I did nearly say 'legally' in my last post actually.

Good you didn't then :p

Q3-Jack-Sparrow.jpg

I’d not televise this mate. Will have some very bitter / jealous ppl who might try and make sure ur plan doesn’t happen

Last edited:
True. Can you get rid of your quote please.

I’d not televise this mate. Will have some very bitter / jealous ppl who might try and make sure ur plan doesn’t happen
Did I ever mention I was a customs officer? 🤣😂🤣

I think we got side tracked. Let's keep on topic.

Rythmik G25HP (Dual 15") -
Mid Bass 9/10
ULF/Extension 7/10
Output 7.5/10
Sound Quality 9/10

or

JTR and 2400 (18") -
Mid Bass 7/10
ULF/Extension 9/10
Output 9/10
Sound Quality 8/10

If you were scoring these subs, how would you score as above. Please copy & paste and give your scores.

Last edited:
I think we got side tracked. Let's keep on topic.

Rythmik G25HP (Dual 15") -
Mid Bass 9/10
ULF 7/10
Sound Quality 9/10

or

JTR and 2400 (18") -
Mid Bass 7/10
ULF 9/10
Sound Quality 8/10

If you were scoring these subs, how would you score as above. Please copy & paste and give your scores.

How are you scoring subs without having used them? This is getting weird now mate.

you are clearly just trying to score the rhythmic as high as possible.

if you want rhythmik fine but let’s not underrated other subwoofers just to make it look better. If you look at the us forums rhythmik is compared to everyone else.. PSA, monoprice.. they aren’t offering any super special bass which makes people think they are more superior over the competition lol

bottom line is out of every subwoofer brand in the US, JTR have a massive waiting list.. the rest of them don’t lol.

ur best bet is checking out AVSforums and you'll see there that opinions echo what I'm saying

e.g. New upgraded Rythmik FV15HP or Monoprice 15? Other options?

no one is shouting omg rhythmik has super magical bass no one else does. to the contrary, they're trading blows and splitting opinions because up to a certain stage, each woofer is fairly similar.

where things change is JTR and that insane infrasonic extension which no one else offers.

ALL subs you've mentioned are going to run at reference in ur space and +10db hot... so its not a problem so you don't need to worry about more or less mid bass.. you will be calibrating and aligning and EQing ur subs to get whatever YOU want from them cos ur going to have PLENTY of headroom.

I doubt anyone here has actually heard both subs. Has anyone heard either actually? Anything beyond this will be based on measured data that I got the impression you weren't interested in?

I'm just scoring them on reviews, CEA2010 data, people's experience, AVSForums etc.

It's not serious scoring, just to see how people view these subs. Not a scientific or qualitive scoring.

Just some fun guys.

I'm just scoring them on reviews, CEA2010 data, people's experience, AVSForums etc.

It's not serious scoring, just to see how people view these subs. Not a scientific or qualitive scoring.

Just some fun guys.

It just seems like random numbers plucked from thin air.

Here rhythmik is compared to a mono 15. basically opinions torn... and the odd strong opinion pro rhythmik has only owned rhythmik woofers.

the thing is with a lot of these ID subs... rhythmik, PSA, JTR... they are lived by US people for 2 main reasons

1. value for money and performance
2. customer service

Their customer service, trade ins, warranty support.. leave a lot of other companies in the dust and its why they're much loved and respected. e.g. PSA & Tom V. you can pretty much read a random PSA thread and you'll see a good story about TOm. This forms a big reason why certain subs are rated so highly.

The difference with JTR is.. well the numbers speak for themselves.

The truth is u have ur heart set on a rhythmik sub but trying to create some arbitrary scoring mechanism to make it sounds better than it is just stretching it now. they are US based subs that hardly any of us would have heard and if u do go to the US forums, most people really don't on AVSforums distinguish the subs based on sound quality as they're all pretty much similar up to a large extent.

If Rhythmik was really a S/beyond top tier company above everyone else, they'd have the business and international business structure to support that. But they aren't... they fighting it out with PSA, JTR, monoprice just like everyone else.

And if we dropped Arendal into the US with cheaper shipping costs, a HELL OF A LOT of US members would go to them for the fit and finish as evidenced from most comment sections re: arendal cos generally, the US subs are crap for quality fit and finish compared to Arendal (and SVS.. and every bigger company).

If you're scoring subs to try & help you decide on which to import, surely cost/hassle of repairs should be factored in as well.

no one is shouting omg rhythmik has super magical bass no one else does. to the contrary, they're trading blows and splitting opinions because up to a certain stage, each woofer is fairly similar.

FWIW Rythmik's real selling point is the reduced distortion from their servo design. This would be what would make them really appeal to me if they had a UK distributer.

To get an idea of the benefit we can look at how the JTR 2400 ULF compares to Rythmik's FV25HP (which is the closest equivalent Rythmik product). Data for both is on data-bass.com and if you compare the distortion data you'll see how the Rythmik performs better above 30 Hz in this regard. Below this frequency the JTR has lower distortion though. I would personally argue that distortion above 30 Hz is much more of a audible concern and so I'd rate the Rythmik as the significantly better product.

Here's the data:

Data-Bass: Subwoofer Measurements

Data-Bass: Subwoofer Measurements

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom