Rythmik G25HP & F18 (NOT HAPPENING) changed to JTR RS1 & 2400 Subwoofer Group Buy

Abizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
CONFIRMED PURCHASE:

Please note, ideally we need a total of 8 subs per pallet

RYTHMIK G25HP:
Abizzle - x1
ta1 - x1
KWB1 - x1

RYTHMIK F18:
rccarguy2 - x2

----------------------------------------------------------------
A few years ago I sold my Paradigm Sub 1 for various reasons and am now in a position to replace it to complete my HT system.

So I started to research what was available out there and it seemed some of the best subs out there for a reasonable price were available in USA.

After much research I found, the best all rounder sub for both movies, music, ULF, midbass, slam, tactile response, articulate, fast brought me to the Rythmik G25HP.

The F18 has also been included as its similar size and weight and gives AVForum members a different choice at a lower price bracket.

RYTHMIK G25HP (15" Dual Opposed & Direct Servo)
18"(W) x 24" (H)x 25-1/2"(D) with grille
Rythmik G25HP - Official Site

G25HP_sm.jpg

RYTHMIK F18 (18" Direct Servo)
20-1/2"(W) x 20-1/2" (H )x 21"(D) - (23" D with grille and heatsink)
Rythmik F18 - Official Site
F18-45d_sm.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 7.04.31 PM.png

Screenshot_20210515_130449.jpg

IMG_20210515_130616.jpg

Here are a couple of reviews:

Rythmik G25HP Review - AVS Forums (Link)
"I must break you. By now it has to be painfully obvious that was my goal while evaluating the Rythmik G25HP. Ultimately I didn't break anything and failed to reach my objective. I tried, I honestly did, but I simply wasn't successful. The G25HP proved to be all but unflappable; no matter how intense the movie, no matter how much I cranked the volume, no matter how complex the material, this subwoofer never missed a beat. It wasn't only proficient at movies and outright volume however, it was able to handle music with both poise and accuracy."

Rythmik F18 - Review (Link)
"The independent test lab site www.data-bass.com has published the max distortion numbers for F18 and Velodyne DD18+ (courtesy of Josh Ricci). The F18 has lower distortion and yet more output than Velodyne DD18+ for 1/3 of the price. In addition, the test results also include the impulse response of 18hz high damping which shows minimal ringing, a testament of F18 articulation bass sound."

My personal choice is the G25HP.
It's been very well regarded by the Americans and is always considered during purchase against many of the best performing subs.

As you can see, it even bests the Paradigm Sub 2 and Funk FW21 at quarter of the price.

Yes, I know there are subs that can dig deeper, more tactile response etc. But, they would excel in one area but not the other. This would be in the top 5 of all areas mentioned. Making it a great all rounder.

And the cherry on top. Look at the size! Very much Wife friendly.

So I've enquired with Rythmik and waiting for shipping costs to see is it worth it.

Just to give you an idea. Here's what I've found out so far:

RYTHMIK G25HP - $2450
Shipping - $300 (estimate)
VAT - $550
Customs - £0 (using correct commodity code)
Admin Fees - £100
TOTAL - £2350 (at current exchange rate)

RYTHMIK F18 - $1699
Shipping - $300 (estimate)
VAT - $400
Customs - £0 (using correct commodity code)
Admin Fees - £100
TOTAL - £1800 (at current exchange rate)

So my question is with the figures this baby (G25HP) is putting out. The sound quality and size. Surely we're better off importing a new one of these than paying £2.5k for a Sub 1 or a DD18+ (both used) or any other sub for that matter.

Just imagine a dual dual setup of these. 4x 15" in stereo setup. At around £4k delivered. Rythmik give multi sub discount. Not to mention 2x would increase the SPL numbers above even further, so maybe plugging the gap between the very top ULF performers.

I have already contacted Rythmik and they are open to shipping it over however are weary of the shipping costs.

I will hopefully get a shipping quote from them tomorrow as well as a quote of my own. I can then confirm a better overall price to you guys.

At the same time that got me thinking if we can get a group buy going and dangle the carrot of multiple sub purchase to Enrico at Rythmik, he would be more open to shipping as well as potential further discounts.

Therefore anyone interested, please let me know so I can see what kind of numbers we are talking about.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
To make things clear can we have 2 categories of buyers and can you specify what category you are in.

Category 1 - Ready to buy. 100% committed. Take my money now.

Category 2 - I'd love to have one. Can I get back to you after I've checked with my wife...... I mean checked my finances.

Depending on the shipping costs, count me in!
You’ve been in contact with the same people that I made contact with at Rythmik.
Category 1

If there was group buy I would be looking at two of these

I suppose we can turn this into a Rythmik Group Buy, however I am cautious that we go for their smaller subs which are mainly the sealed units, as shipping is a big factor here and some of their dual and ported subs are massive and not easy to ship.

Saying that the F18 is one of the smaller units so I suppose the more units we sign up for the better the response and potential discount.

Therefore I shall make the F18 part of the group buy and enquire about the F18's as well. :smashin:

If anything the AVForum members will have a choice of 2 types of subs at 2 different price brackets.

Last edited:
Count me in subject to costs of getting it to my door please

I will be receiving shipping costs from both Rythmik and my own UK based shipping company, hopefully today. I will try to also get an idependent 3rd shipping cost so we can compare.

I will be receiving shipping costs from both Rythmik and my own UK based shipping company, hopefully today. I will try to also get an idependent 3rd shipping cost so we can compare.
Just to say - A BIG THANK YOU - in advance for doing the leg work and getting this sorted.

No worries. :smashin:

At present I'm getting both individually delivered cost as well as combined delivery cost.

With the combined delivery, one full size pallet may be able to fit 4x G25HP on the pallet. With 4x F18 on top of them. Then it will be delivered to one destination and we can potentially either all pick up individually from that single delivery point (preferable). Or if not possible, have to then domestically send out to you guys.

For simplification, if there are 8 of us with 8 subs, then that'll be an equal split of the total shipping cost of one pallet.

I'll update you when I've got all the information.

Hi all,

The first quote for shipment is in.

This is based on one pallet with 4x G25HP and 4x F18 subs on it.

By sea freight. Will take up to 35 days to arrive and delivered to my door/garage in Southampton. You guys can then either pick it up from there or have it delivered to yours.

The total quote with all charges NOT including Customs, VAT or insurance is £685.87p.

That works out at £85.73p per unit. Which is great.

What is not so great is it'll be uninsured. Which is a bit risky. However generally, pallatised items are securely fixed onto the pallet and the weight being 624kg total would not be an easy thing to move or tumble over.

I will get a quote with insurance as well. But this company didn't do insured.

Maybe better to have central delivery point, delivery for two large boxes be expensive..if delivered to Midlands in the UK then people could pick them up.

I don't mind. London. Oxford. Birmingham. But is there anyone in any of these locations or nearby that is committed to buying one of the subs as part of this group buy.

Worst case scenario, 2x subs can fit on a pallet and sent across UK for around £50-65.

Im from the Midlands so be good for me!

Ken

Can you please PM me your address. So I can update the quotes.

I’m Berkshire. Are we waiting on another quote?
Uninsured - concerns me a bit, but it’s a great shipping price.
Thanks

Also be worth knowing the boxed size of the units?

I have also added a list to the top of the first post with committed names and quantities. Please check and let me know if there's a mistake or you want to increase the quantity.

At present we need another 3 buyers/units to be committed to.

I'm toying with the idea of dual G25HP's.

Also be worth knowing the boxed size of the units?

I've asked Rythmik for the boxed dimensions. Waiting for their reply.

The quotes at the moment are based on estimated boxed size by adding 3inch to all sides of the unit dimensions.

Just thinking that if I can pull this off and get enough of a discount, then push the boat out and get x2, as it maybe our only chance to get it at these prices and shipping rates.

Just thinking that if I can pull this off and get enough of a discount, then push the boat out and get x2, as it maybe our only chance to get it at these prices and shipping rates.
Yes thats my thinking - I would have to unload a few subs from here first! (SVS)

Have we got any total costs of what these would be at all?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom