Rythmik G25HP & F18 (NOT HAPPENING) changed to JTR RS1 & 2400 Subwoofer Group Buy

Abizzle

BTW, no better time than now to buy a sub from america:
Screenshot_20210528_003832_com.xe.currency.jpg

The trend seems to be going upwards. So if you buy a JTR and pay 25% deposit, with this trend in 4 months time when it comes to paying the outstanding amount, you will probably benefit even more.

This is the highest its been in the past 5 years.

maxkolonko123

BTW, no better time than now to buy a sub from america:
View attachment 1519299

The trend seems to be going upwards. So if you buy a JTR and pay 25% deposit, with this trend in 4 months time when it comes to paying the outstanding amount, you will probably benefit even more.

This is the highest its been in the past 5 years.
Go for it mate you won't regret it

Conrad

Here we go again 🤣🤣going to take a shot every time you tell someone to buy an SVS SB13, I’ll be plastered in no time
I did wonder who he was talking about, of course, it's you! :D
I think your room is bigger than mine so I hate to think what mine counts as?

Liammonty123

I did wonder who he was talking about, of course, it's you! :D
I think your room is bigger than mine so I hate to think what mine counts as?
Im making the move to sealed very soon tbf. Maybe 4x21s. Want to feel some single digits, especially considering I’m on a suspended floor!

Ultrasonic

I've skimmed through this thread. I can't say I'm hugely surprised by the outcome given Rythmik's stated position that they won't sell to the UK on their website but it was interesting to explore. If there ever ends up being a UK distributor then this would be an option I'd seriously consider due to their servo design but until then I'll happily stick with what I have.

One thing I haven't come across is how can you measure a subs Tactile Response and Midbass Slam?

There's measurements for SPL, Extension, Gain etc.

That would be handy, as you can then check hard a sub can shake and hit regardless of size and price.

You can't measure someone's perception of 'tactile response' or 'mid-bass slam' but what causes these is 100% described by SPL and frequency. The other important parameters for subs are distortion level and transient response/group delay.

If you want to increase 'mid-bass slam' you just need more output over the relevant frequency range at the listening position. To do this you first look at room layout and EQ to maximise the performance from what you have, and if the peak output of your current subs still isn't sufficient then more powerful subs is the answer.

For 'tactile response' the story is exactly the same but at much lower frequencies.

There is no additional 'magic' that one sub has over another in either regard, unless someone finds the acoustic distortion or physical vibration transmitted via the floor for one model more enjoyable than another. Neither of these is real/accurate though.

What subwoofer(s) do you have currently @Abizzle ? You've been talking about lots of VERY serious subwoofers for what doesn't seem to be that large a room. As PSA have been mentioned note that one advantage of considering them is that you will have the opportunity to demo some either in Ricky's demo room (which will presumably be open soon if not already) or potentially at home too. You may find you 'need' rather less total sub output than you think.

Abizzle

I don't have a sub at the moment. Originally I had a Paradigm Sub 1 which I sold years ago. I've been relying on my Paradigm Signature Reference S8's 8x6" woofers for bass.

But I'm now in a position to integrate a sub into my system. As a minimum I want better sound quality, output and extension than the Paradigm. This then leads me to looking at pretty much the top 10% of subs out there.

So the question is, rather than look at the room dimensions, as any of those 10% subs can easily deliver, is if I put a little bit more money in then just get an end game duo which will also be future proof if and when I move house and potentially get a dedicated HT room.

At this point most of the subs I'm looking at can deliver 10hz or less at around 95-100dB+, therefore make sure whatever I get has amazing sound quality, very detailed, articulate, fast etc. as well.

With all this in mind it got narrowed down to the Rythmik G25HP. Until I found out Brian was not up for selling to me.

Now that my plan has failed, I'm lost and wandering around in the Subwoofer wilderness :thumbsdow

Abizzle

JTR was second on my list, but the 4 month wait time and extra £500 per sub is hard to gulp.

Whilst the Arendal 2v is an interesting choice, the output numbers vs price compared to the American subs will always leave me thinking what if. 8 dB difference across the whole frequency range vs JTR and 6-8 dB difference vs Rythmik.

Can it achieve infrasonic like the Americans can? o_O

Last edited:

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
JTR was second on my list, but the 4 month wait time and extra £500 per sub is hard to gulp.

Whilst the Arendal 2v is an interesting choice, the output numbers vs price compared to the American subs will always leave me thinking what if. 8 dB difference across the whole frequency range vs JTR and 6-8 dB difference vs Rythmik.

Can it achieve infrasonic like the Americans can? o_O

What do you mean by infrasonics? If you mean<10hz, of course not. The 2V shuts off the power at 10hz. The JTR gets insane infrasonics, especially in smaller rooms.

But if you want infrasonics, you should build a HOVERBOSS as it will give you infrasonic ability that 5 or 10 JTRs won't be able to mimic. @MI55ION 's hoverboss will utterly crush your JTRs or Rhythmiks for infrasonics, no doubt about it.

Abizzle

Hooverboss great for HT rooms, but a no go for my living room as guests and extended family always visiting.

So won't go down well with WAF.

So have to rely on sub for infrasonics.

Conrad

How big is your room again?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Hooverboss great for HT rooms, but a no go for my living room as guests and extended family always visiting.

So won't go down well with WAF.

So have to rely on sub for infrasonics.
Its just a platform the sofa sits on. You can make a really nice one out of wood. A well designed one is going to be invisible.

I'd say two big humungous subwoofers in a living room is far more intrusive than a hoverBOSS. Especially the ones you're contemplating in your space. and especially the finishes of the American subs which aren't very pretty IMO.

Otherwise JTR for infrasonics easily,

Smaller subs in your space will probably work much better and go down much better WAF wise. The arendals IMO are very very nice looking subs.

Abizzle

25x12x8ft = 2400 ft3

7.6x3.7x2.5m = 70.3 m3

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
25x12x8ft = 2400 ft3

7.6x3.7x2.5m = 70.3 m3
TBH its not even a small room mate.. Just very narrow. That photo makes it look like more of a 3.5 or 3.4M room when I was trying to count using the TV width.

Go dual JTR.

The Arendals will look lovely but they'll keep you regretting paying top dollar for inferior output and less input under 10hz.

Your shopping list:

2x JTR
Mini-DSP2x4HD
UMIK-1

If you don't get the latter two items but buy 2 good subwoofers... its going to leave WAYYYY too much performance on the table.

I don't think there are many new subs on the horizon to worry about so you won't get any regret. PSA have TV2112, monolith are rumouring a 21 inch sub and SVS need to refresh PB16 at some point. Other than that.. can't see anything and I don't see any of them destroying the JTRs, especially infrasonics.

Abizzle

Its just a platform the sofa sits on. You can make a really nice one out of wood. A well designed one is going to be invisible.

I'd say two big humungous subwoofers in a living room is far more intrusive than a hoverBOSS. Especially the ones you're contemplating in your space. and especially the finishes of the American subs which aren't very pretty IMO.

Otherwise JTR for infrasonics easily,

Smaller subs in your space will probably work much better and go down much better WAF wise. The arendals IMO are very very nice looking subs.

The Rythmik G25HP, JTR RS1/2400 are fairly small subs, how much smaller do you want me to go?

G25HP = 18" x 24" x 25"
RS1 = 20" x 20" x 21"
2400 = 20" x 21" x 30"

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
The Rythmik G25HP, JTR RS1/2400 are fairly small subs, how much smaller do you want me to go?

G25HP = 18" x 24" x 25"
RS1 = 20" x 20" x 21"
2400 = 20" x 21" x 30"

with ur room length.. i think the JTRs are a good fit actually.

Better to have more output than less.

Abizzle

RS1 = detail, musical, sealed
2400 = output, extension, ported

Or as the drivers are exactly the same, will the 2400 have the same traits as the RS1, but with the additional advantage of more output and extension across the frequency range?

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
RS1 = detail, musical, sealed
2400 = output, extension, ported

Or as the drivers are exactly the same, will the 2400 have the same traits as the RS1, but with the additional advantage of more output and extension across the frequency range?
Mate you need to decide what you want.
Every post you are changing what you want from detail and bass to extension to infrasonics...
Each sub has compromises!

Abizzle

Can't a guy want it all?! :blush:

And TBF, I have narrowed it down to Rythmik G25HP or JTR RS1/2400.

Surely that's a good place to be. Not jumping around 5-6 different subs.

Anyway, watch this space, while I try to sort something out between the two.

Will probably drop around Marks to get a feel of his RS2 as well.

Almost there bruh, don't get annoyed. :smashin:

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
Can't a guy want it all?! :blush:

And TBF, I have narrowed it down to Rythmik G25HP or JTR RS1/2400.

Surely that's a good place to be. Not jumping around 5-6 different subs.

Anyway, watch this space, while I try to sort something out between the two.

Will probably drop around Marks to get a feel of his RS2 as well.

Almost there bruh, don't get annoyed. :smashin:
JTR easily mate.

If you're mentioning infrasonics and extension, its destroying the Rhythmik.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung QD-OLED TVs primed for 2022 launch?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky to add NBCUniversal's Peacock service
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen announces Beoplay EQ TWS earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 28th July 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky drops Sky One brand and introduces Showcase and Max