Ryanair Refund?

sneakyweeone

Flight cancelled in April due to covid 19 and apparently they will refund 90% by end of July. Well I'm still waiting-no surprise there.

Has anyone had a refund yet? If you had did you do anything different than complete the online form.

Sadly I booked on my debit card not my credit card so no recourse down that route.

Last edited:

Stu75

You're not alone.I read recently that Ryanair made up near 70% of the complaints from airlines regarding refunds.

We had a city break booked in March and I'm still waiting on a refund,I booked with my debit card too.

We also had our summer holiday cancelled and received all that money back a couple of weeks ago with Jet2.

I'll wait until the end of this month and see what happens with the refund promised.

sneakyweeone

Didn't think I was alone but it's good to have it confirmed 😊

sneakyweeone

Used live chat with them today. Say refund in 7-10 working days. Here's hoping :thumbsup:

Stu75

I tried the other week and cut it off after two hours of waiting.

I seen on their website yesterday it now states refunds in the next three weeks(for my booking time)

sneakyweeone

I must have got lucky. I had a wait of 36 minutes when I joined the queue and it was roughly that time.
I found a Facebook group which is huge and gives a load of advice. Worth checking it out.
Ryanair are getting away with murder and the CAA are letting them.

JTL

I’m still waiting for a refund from March. Used my CC to get it back in the end, so much easier!

sneakyweeone

From what I can see on Facebook you have to go onto the live chat regardless of asking for the money back.

What steps did you take to get the CC issuer to get the cash back?

Stu75

I know CC issuers would be an easier route but I used my DC so not really much good there.
Yes the CAA aren't doing much but in fairness,they are also trying to help the whole industry in the most trying times.
Ryanair have said they will refund and I believe they will,long after they should have but these are not normal times.

JTL

From what I can see on Facebook you have to go onto the live chat regardless of asking for the money back.

What steps did you take to get the CC issuer to get the cash back?
Had to provide dates of transactions, flight details and my email exchanges. They offered instant refund. That was with American Express, the customer service is so good with them.

sneakyweeone

I know CC issuers would be an easier route but I used my DC so not really much good there.
Yes the CAA aren't doing much but in fairness,they are also trying to help the whole industry in the most trying times.
Ryanair have said they will refund and I believe they will,long after they should have but these are not normal times.
I understand what you are saying it's just after waiting patiently for three months they haven't delivered and are not acting in good faith. So I feel it's fair now to start calling them out.

Stu75

I understand what you are saying it's just after waiting patiently for three months they haven't delivered and are not acting in good faith. So I feel it's fair now to start calling them out.
I'm with ya.
I think they are taking way too long(It's just my personal opinion)but as long as I get it back,thats the main thing,I don't mind waiting longer than normal due to the circumstances.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Agreed. No big deal. Was supposed to get 1 of my 2 refunds by the end of July but hey ho. Worse things happen at sea.

dbeevers

I'm still waiting for mine, will try to give them a nudge tomorrow.
Alpharooms who I booked my hotel with are another matter, cancelled at the last minute and 2 weeks later only offer is a voucher, if I don't use it I can claim my money back after the 30th June 2021!!!