• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ryanair and DSLR

Ibcus

Prominent Member
I'm off to Spain tomorrow morning walking the Camino de Santiago.

Flying from Manchester to Dublin with Ryanair then Dublin to Santiago de Compestela with Aer Lingus, then the train to our starting point.

Does anyone know if I will be allowed to take my Sony a550 around my neck as well as my backpack on board or will I have to squeeze it in my backpack?

zZLOWEYZz

Established Member
They are very strict with the one cabin bag rule As above. Even purchases from the airport have to go in your bag.

Ibcus

Prominent Member
Two others are going but they have backpacks too, I've got it in my pack now, along with my Sigma 18-250, total weight of bag is 7kilo. I might stick my 50mm f1.7 in there too.

Hopefully I can take it out of the pack when I get on the plane.

Goody

Established Member
That'll be fine. It's getting on the plane that is the issue. When I travel with hand baggage only, I have a small holdall and a small camera bag that I squeeze into my holdall.

Metalex

Established Member
My advice is to just not travel Ryanair in the first place. Absolute scum of the earth that company, and what an odious little creep that Michael O'Leary is.

We're off to visit my father-in-law in central France in a couple of weeks, but we're driving down just to avoid having to fly Ryanair to Tours airport. I think I'd rather walk than fly with Ryanair - it might take a month or so, but it would still work out cheaper than their excess baggage charges.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom