1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryan Adams news

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Whiting, May 30, 2003.

1. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I know there's a couple of his fans here. This was posted on his messageboard last night.....

4 Record Set/ New Album
    posted by RYAN on 5/29/03 7:25:46 PM

the 4 record set is official. it is now a matter of the artwork being finished. I adore all the music on it. In fact I think it will speak volumes where my last records did not. And if you must know, while these records come out, I will be working on an wntirely new album in NYC with Ethan Johns. I imagine it will be released sometimne next year. In the 4record set "Love is Hell" will be wworked as the new album. There will be sinlges. There will be a tour in the fall unless I change my mind. Also I am going to down this site. The message-board first, then the site. There will be a new site for the summer with more info. thanks..........................................lawyers aside i fought like a bastard to make this happen. now it will. all editing aside. thanks. ive got an album to make.

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What's on the 4 record set then? New songs or all old songs reworked? Or is it a compilation? What is it? :smoke:

BTW, Ryan's not very good at typing is he :rotfl:

3. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    NME news from a while back:

A long-rumoured box set is also apparently in the pipeline and Callari predicts a release inside of a year. It is set to feature two previously unreleased albums with Adams side project The Pinkhearts - '48 Hours' and 'The Suicide Handbook' - as well as sessions he recorded with producers Scott Litt and Michael Blair.

The Pinkhearts and 'Suicide Handbook' sessions did end up donating 1 or 2 tracks to 'Demolition'.

There's also his Bluegrass version of The Strokes' This Is It album :) but he's said he'll never release it :(

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Not bothered about his Strokes covers, the Strokes do them better :D

5. Gambit

Gambit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Scott Litt produces Incubus, so I'd like to see the results with Ryan Adams.

6. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Ace ! :smashin:

7. captaindobie

captaindobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Great news.
    I have started listening to the album 'Gold' again over the last couple of days. Still sounds great.
    Regarding the Strokes, you'll probably find that any band circa New York 1978 do the Strokes better!;)

8. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Oh yeah, definitely. If The Stroke's debut was half as good as 'Marquee Moon', it'd be twice the debut it is....if you get the maths.

Still, I'd still love to hear a bluegrass version of 'Is This It'