RXV1800 vs Onkyo 705 powering Klipsch Spk.

kmitalian

Standard Member
Im needing help,

both these Amps are great for their bucks worth, but im confused between them both. Im buying Klipsch F-2 Pack cause i have heard them with Blu-Ray and they sound fantastic.

The Onkyo amp is nice and has alot of great features and it has 3 HDMI inputs yet the Yamaha has 4 HDMI inputs.

the Onkyo i have noticed is lighter than the Yamaha, and as well the Onkyo does have 3 years over 2 years With Yamaha?

I just dont know, for me the Yamah is 100 dollars difference between each other for price?

How has the reviews been for each of them?

The Onkyo i like about is its simplicity good for budget sort of stuff, the Yamaha i like is with not only more HDMI but better connectivity with
the iPod which i have tonnes at home.

So what do u think guys? please help a guy whos going to buy his first ever Home Theatre Package and is wanting the best sound he could ever have for Blu-Ray, Action and Thriller Movie Viewing and Music as well??????

Thanks so much!!!!

chrissyman

I would go for the yamaha as i have the rxv 1700' sound wise there cannot be that much in it but for me the yamaha has a nice sleek understated look (titanium) where as the onkyo seems more bells and whistles a bit ugly (IMHO) but i am sure its a fine performer,so its all down to personal preference really and i am very happy with my yamaha .

swift1

Definately The Yamaha RX-V1800, I've had for about a month and I think it looks and sounds absolutely fantastic and besides the yamaha you can show off unlike the onkyo you probably will have to hide it - I mean serouisly onkyo designers must have been drunk when they designed it!:thumbsup:

kmitalian

Standard Member
Thanks guys, i have decided and have put aside a Yamaha 1800.

There is one thing, if i have a 5.1 source, what setting on the Yamaha amp do I turn it into 7.1?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom