• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

RXV1065 or RXV767

johnrp

Standard Member
Looking to upgrade my old Yamaha RX-V795, after upgrading m projector to a 1080p funds are limited, the price for the 767 and 1065 are within £10 on Amazon, what is the best option?

PSM1

Distinguished Member
The 1065 is the higher level of reciever so should have the best sound quality. However, it is a year older than the 767 and is only 1.3 HDMI (the 767 is 1.4) but if you are not interested in 3D then this will not matter. What speakers do you have?

filterfreak

hi john

i rang yamaha the other day and they said there is a known issue with the yamaha's and projectors (can't remember if it was the 65-67 range )that if your using the osd you get a large grey line on the projector display ! this is only what i was told by ymammy uk and you might want to ring them to find out if it was the 65 included as as i remember it does do it on the 67 range apparently .
Contact Us - Yamaha - UK and Ireland

john

potshot

The grey line with projectors doesn't effect the 2067 because I have just ordered one and is it only OSD or when playing a film.

filterfreak

The grey line with projectors doesn't effect the 2067 because I have just ordered one and is it only OSD or when playing a film.

just with the osd as stated .
but he was also talking about a os update for the 67 models but to tell you the truth i was only interested in what he had to saying about the 65 but im sure thats what yammy told me about the 67 .

regards
john

potshot

Cheers John I will give yammy a call.

filterfreak

Cheers John I will give yammy a call.
your welcome

sorry for the off topic on your subject john , id go for the 1065 its a brilliantly good amp for the price !

john

RajUK

FWIW I'm using a 767 with a plasma and a projector and I don't get any large grey lines ?

I went for the 767 since it has 2 x HDMI out so I can have 2 displays connected and it supports HDMI 1.4a for 3D goodness on my JVC X3

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom