RX-v675 HDMI Handshake issue since firmware update....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by DLowe, Feb 25, 2014.

1. DLowe

DLowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi all,

been loving my Yamaha receiver it was faultless, but after the latest update it seems to be having a problem talking to my other equipment.

I have a LG 55LM670T TV and LG blu ray player, Humax Youview box and PS4.

and its the on-off handshake that seems to be the issue, it will not turn off with the TV, but when the TV is turned back on the amp then goes off....

and it doesn't turn on with Youview everytime like it used to, this has only happened since the last update and was fine beforehand.

Is there a procedure I should have followed to re-sync it all since the update? none of the settings have changed and all was fine before.

also I noticed when I was messing with my old Onkyo I would get small arcs from the blu ray and youview HDMI leads when I knocked them out and plugged back in while messing round the back, could this potential cause a issue?? should I change to a 10way plug socket to allow them to come off the same plug instead of 2X 4-way plugs to balance out the potential differences in earth etc?

ta

2. DLowe

DLowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Anyone?

getting frustrating now, bought a 12-way power rail and connected everything into it so the earths are common etc. and it has made it less frequent but the issue is still there.

also powered everything off for 30 mins and started up with the same sequence as I used first time when everything was fine

3. DLowe

DLowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Any suggestions?

4. Philip4242

Philip4242
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Have you done a 'Factory Reset' on the amp since installing the latest firmware ?

Sometimes it gets done automatically as part of the upgrade procedure - sometimes it's not.

But it's often necessary, to ensure a 'clean start'.

It certainly won't do any harm to do it again.

You'll have to run the auto-setup routine again - But if it solves your handshake problem ...

5. DLowe

DLowe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    tried that, but will give it another go and see... its starting to get a bit more random now, like the amp will turn on but with the tv speakers - anyone know what the symptoms of cable breaking down are?