RX-V3900 high pitch Squeal

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by paswtyman, Feb 1, 2009.

1. paswtyman

paswtyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Ok I've had no luck with previous posts, I guess no-one has had a RX-V1800 and a RX-V3900 to answer the questions.

I have brought a 3900 home for audition to compare the differences from the 1800, trying to get the two setup more or less the same to do comparisons.
    Up to now I don't feel that there is any improvement in sound quality between the two, no difference in PQ (as you would expect), but some nice improvements in the setup, although I can't see how to change the crossover when the fronts etc are set to large, can when set to small.... the 1800 allows you to set crossover when set to large, but i don't know if it actually uses the setting when the speakers are set to large.

One big problem though.....a high pitch squeal :eek:while pausing, forward or reversing bd or dvd. A nasty high pitch that hurts my daughters' ears.:(

All connections are correct and secure, I even updated the firmware to 1.05 ( hope the shop appreciates it), all set up as the 1800.
    This squeal is audible even when watching the discs when the volume is down low, but pause etc and it is there full on.

Doesn't seem to be there on optical inputs, just the HDMI

Any ideas on this one please:lease:

2. paswtyman

paswtyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    :( Woe woe and thrice woe......no-one likes me:suicide:

3. Mark.Yudkin

Mark.Yudkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,542
    If you haven't bought it, then don't. Otherwise get it repaired.