1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RX-V1400 - A few Questions

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by RumbleBee, Aug 24, 2004.

1. RumbleBee

RumbleBee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi,

A few months ago I got a RX-V1400. Just a few little niggles I have with the receiver.

1) When watching 2 channel sources (Sky TV movies), my volume is normally set to 30-25, which is loud and clear, but when I put a DVD in I have to set the follwing volumes to make things just as loud
    DD5.1 - 23-25
    DTS - 18-20
    Is this normal, as I always thought DTS was louder than DD5.1.

2) when playing DD5.1 or DTS sources the display shows 'Sur. Standard' Does this mean I'm listening to things correctly.

3) I have bi-amped the front speakers. I have the AB button on the front of the unit set to AB. If I set it to just A it sounds good, but if just B it's not clear. No real problems. Just checking if this is how it should be.

4) One more thing. I ran the auto setup with the Mic. This sets all my Monitor Audo Bronze speakers to LARGE. Is it best to set these speakers to small.

Thanks,
    Andy

2. mevetts

mevetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

1. I always thought DTS was quieter than DD? So your volume settings would be in line with this.

2. The speakers should probably be set to small if you have a dedicated subwoofer?

Not sure about the other 2.

Mark.