RX-A780 Question

PatMa

Novice Member
Reaction score
i just set up this AV receiver and would like to know if it is possible to set the system up to turn off the TV with the Yamaha remote. My TV is not Arc capable and is plugged into the amp via HDMI and opticle cable. Currently I have to use the Comcast remote to turn off the TV and Yamaha remote to turn off the receiver. Very inconvient.

Possibly, one of my TVs is also too old for ARC but it does still support CEC which allows control signals to pass down the HDMI.

Depending on the brand of TV it might be called a brand specific name (for example Braviasync, simplink viera link etc etc. On my Samsung it's called Anynet+)

An alternative you might want to consider is replacing all of your remotes with a Harmony or similar. I've had a remote control of some sort for over 15 years and view it as an essential part of any setup.

I have the Samsung tv with Anynet. I have the hdmi cable plugged into hdmi 2 in the tv. Is it possible for you to tell me how to configure this so it works.

I don't use it TBH. On my Samsung there is an entry on the menu to turn it on. Mine has turned off with my PS4 but it's connected to an amp that's too old for CEC.

I turn the CEC functions off because I use a remote to control everything.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom