RX-A6A issues with HDMI control / CEC with Intel NUC used as HTPC

MirekD

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, I am new in this forum but this is already my 3rd Yamaha receiver and first time have issues I cant resolve. I just got RX-A6A just 3 months ago to replace the old RX-A2010, and soon after I also "upgraded" my MacMini to Intel NUC due to the latter support of Dolby Atmos.

Since then I face an irritating issue that NUC forces itself as the default source (connected over HDMI1), even if Yamaha's HDMI control initially switches to Xbox or AppleTV when these are turned on and trigger the receiver on in the right input. This also happens when the receiver is switched on manually to another input, after a moment it also defaults to NUC. Sometimes I need to switch input twice to stabilize it at the desired position.

It doesn't matter if NUC is on or off, and also if NUC BIOS settings enable or disable CEC control. Yamaha all HDMI control settings are on.

Sine moved my house and use different TV, this happens more often and in fact became permanent in the last couple of day. Not sure has to do with 1.73 firmware or some random windows updates on NUC, or perhaps due to Samsung TV anynet+ I use since the move vs old Panasonic. Anynet+ has its own issues in not triggering the receiver on when TV is on but maybe unrelated since issue with NUC happened also in Panasonic TV.

Appreciate any ideas and sorry if I missed any thread on this.

Mirek.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom