Question RX-A3070 YPAO or Anti-mode

mjbtin

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone using an anti-mode with an rx-a3070?
Did it improve bass?or did YPAO do as good a job?
Happy with the bass using ypao but have that feeling may be missing something:)
May see if I can get a used 8033 and give it a try.

Martin

I had a rx-a3060 with a Antimode and loved it, really seems to blend the base into my system. Still use it with my Anthem.

Dear @Gasp3621, : ) Indeed I do and I love it. Bass is now present, alive and defined. @Gasp3621, I still need to do my Fury Road reference test dude! PC building took over my life!

@mjbtin, Dear Martin,

I installed and ran my newly acquired Anti Mode 8033SII a few nights ago and I will never release it from my A3070. I got a really cracking price on it used, as new, from a fellow member on here. So, they do pop up, albeit infrequently. I now have near Dirac levels of bass control and performance. So, yes, it did improve my bass. Just note that the levels of improvement, if any, will be dependent on your particular room and setup. But from a non scientific basis , I doubt it not helping anyone.

Happy with the bass using ypao but have that feeling may be missing something:)

I believe you are in fact missing a lot ha ha. I was fine with YPAO handling my bass for years. But as @Gasp3621 originally informed me a year or more ago, YPAO is limited to what it does to your sub. There is no disputing the fact that that Yamaha PEQ does not in fact alter the sub EQ. YPAO does not apply PEQ adjustments to frequencies below 40 Hz as I understand it. Most EQ systems such as Dirac, ARC and Audyssey will EQ down to around 20 Hz or lower I believe. Hence, why an AM is so beneficial. You could also take manual measurements using REW and adjust the PEQ yourself. I held on to my UMIK-1 for such, but I feel it might be handy to keep anyway, it being somewhat hens teeth to purchase, without importing at least.

Someone else can chime in more about the limitations of YPAO - @Gasp3621? I could tell straight away, visually from the sub PEQ - after running YPAO, it had very little to compensate due to the AM (Anti Mode). I haven't checked with REW to see the differences and all the jazz, but hey.

Still, I will never forget Dirac's bass performance in my room. But my A3070 out classed my AVR550 for me and I am so happy I stuck with my beloved A3070. With the 8033SII, I am totally content and in love with my sound.

Warm and well wishes,

fallinlight

Last edited:
Thanks for the input guys:smashin:.
Was a bit undecided now I need an anti mode:laugh:
Missed out on the last 2 that came up in the classifieds but have a wanted add now.Will give it a couple of weeks if I get no joy will have to get a new one.

Martin

Regarding YPAO thought I read that the older version eqd down to 30hz but the newer YPAO RSC eqd down to 15hz?

Martin

Regarding YPAO thought I read that the older version eqd down to 30hz but the newer YPAO RSC eqd down to 15hz?

Martin

I think I heard that also Martin, I know I’ve tried an AM on 2 occasions now but sold them on again, I think my room is rubbish for audio and bass so I was probably asking to much. I found I lost to much bass with the antimode.
Thing is though it’s worth trying one as you will loose hardly anything on it if it doesn’t work out for you.
Martin.

I found I lost to much bass with the antimode.

Are you certain you were not used to the more refined bass the AM may have given you? A lot of people get accustomed to inaccurate and loud bass. I guess XT32 already did a good enough job for you, though.

The antimode takes the harshness out of the base, as you say it’s more refined. Maybe that’s the issue with some members they probably like that harshness.

@stewjoy, possibly for some, yes, I agree. Apart from more control and finesse, my sub definitely digs deeper. Love it. After more listening last night, I think it is on par or close to what Dirac with my AVR550.

Are you certain you were not used to the more refined bass the AM may have given you? A lot of people get accustomed to inaccurate and loud bass. I guess XT32 already did a good enough job for you, though.
No I dont think so, everything just lacked bass and this was with my RX A3060. I've always had Yamaha until this Marantz sr7012.
I've thought about a mini DSP to try and for the beq side of things but I have no more socket room for anything else!.

No I dont think so, everything just lacked bass and this was with my RX A3060. I've always had Yamaha until this Marantz sr7012.
I've thought about a mini DSP to try and for the beq side of things but I have no more socket room for anything else!.

Ah OK, must be your specific room then. Did you run sweeps with REW to see what was really going on with your bass?

Ha ha, socket room!

Ah OK, must be your specific room then. Did you run sweeps with REW to see what was really going on with your bass?

Ha ha, socket room!

Lol I haven’t a clue about Rew!,

Lol I haven’t a clue about Rew!,

Me neither ha ha, but will probably study it and give it a go at some point.. if I do not sell my UMIK-1.

Me neither ha ha, but will probably study it and give it a go at some point.. if I do not sell my UMIK-1.
Would be interested in your findings if you decide to use REW:)

Martin

Martin

The automatic setup for YPAO doesn`t do much eq for subwoofer. Gene (Audioholics) actually mentioned in the "ported vs. sealed" YT video that YPAO really sucks for subwoofer eq, he has lot of experience from different receivers, i believe he owned the A30x0 some time. There is manual PEQ option which let`s you tweak certain frequencies down to 15,6hz, but you would need to work with REW. Looking back i remember many Yamaha owners being very happy after adding AM, but each room is different. Keep us posted when you get one, always intresting to hear peoples experiences. :)

Will report back when I finally get an AM.Getting a bit impatient now might have to buy new,no joy on a used one in the classifieds or fleabay:(

Martin

Will report back when I finally get an AM.Getting a bit impatient now might have to buy new,no joy on a used one in the classifieds or fleabay:(

Martin
Martin give Tom an email, you might get a little bit of discount on a new one :)

Managed to get a used 8033
Hooked it up and calibrated the 12.17.
Initial impressions are good although does seem to have a slight loss of bass,but think this is more to do with the bass being tighter/cleaner if that makes sense.
Waiting for a quiet house so can rerun YPAO,if I need to?

Martin

Managed to rerun YPAO last weekend and again improved the bass again :)
After watching several films and cd listening this little AM box of tricks is a keeper:smashin:
Bass now integrates seamlessly with the other speakers and is present throughout the freq range, clean/punchy has taken the soundstage to another level:D

Thanks for input guys:smashin:

Regards Martin

Hola.
Recientemente adquirí el antimodo RX yamaha 3070 también, todavía no he podido probarlo, me gusta el (potente patada y más 12,17 terremotos de mi) subwoofer xtz edge ¿alguien me puede ayudar?
y tengo el antimodo serio que quiero, pero cuando lo he usado por lo muy suave, no si estoy haciendo algo mal.
¿podría decirme lo bueno que es el lugar y la hora de las bombas antimodo de alambre?
¿Podrías decir que debería poner un subwoofer con bombas antimodo?
y podría decirme qué ajuste de 12,17 corté como adjunto a las bombas antimodo xtz, eso sería una patada poderosa y no un terremoto?
Se lo agradezco mucho

Hola.
Recientemente adquirí el antimodo RX yamaha 3070 también, todavía no he podido probarlo, me gusta el (potente patada y más 12,17 terremotos de mi) subwoofer xtz edge ¿alguien me puede ayudar?
y tengo el antimodo serio que quiero, pero cuando lo he usado por lo muy suave, no si estoy haciendo algo mal.
¿podría decirme lo bueno que es el lugar y la hora de las bombas antimodo de alambre?
¿Podrías decir que debería poner un subwoofer con bombas antimodo?
y podría decirme qué ajuste de 12,17 corté como adjunto a las bombas antimodo xtz, eso sería una patada poderosa y no un terremoto?
Se lo agradezco mucho
I recently purchased the antimode RX yamaha 3070 too, I still haven't been able to test it, I like the (powerful kick and more 12.17 earthquakes from my) subwoofer xtz edge can anyone help me?
and I have the serious antimode I want, but when I've used it for how soft, not if I'm doing something wrong.
Could you tell me how good the place and time of the anti-wire bombs is?
Could you say I should put a subwoofer with anti-mode pumps?
and you could tell me what setting of 12.17 I cut as attached to the xtz antimode bombs, that would be a powerful kick and not an earthquake?
I really appreciate it.

Bienvenidos al Foro.
¿Sería posible para usted traducir al inglés antes de publicar, ya que este es un foro con sede en el Reino Unido.
Gracias.

I recently purchased the antimode RX yamaha 3070 too, I still haven't been able to test it, I like the (powerful kick and more 12.17 earthquakes from my) subwoofer xtz edge can anyone help me?
and I have the serious antimode I want, but when I've used it for how soft, not if I'm doing something wrong.
Could you tell me how good the place and time of the anti-wire bombs is?
Could you say I should put a subwoofer with anti-mode pumps?
and you could tell me what setting of 12.17 I cut as attached to the xtz antimode bombs, that would be a powerful kick and not an earthquake?
I really appreciate it.

Bienvenidos al Foro.
¿Sería posible para usted traducir al inglés antes de publicar, ya que este es un foro con sede en el Reino Unido.
Gracias.
excuse me, have translated it with google, but not because he did not do it

I've just been directed to this thread. I've a Yamaha 3050 and xtz 12.17 edge so it seems I am in need of an anti mode too. If anyone has one for sale sale or can recommend where to get one then please let me know. I don't know much about them so will look later tonight.

I've just been directed to this thread. I've a Yamaha 3050 and xtz 12.17 edge so it seems I am in need of an anti mode too. If anyone has one for sale sale or can recommend where to get one then please let me know. I don't know much about them so will look later tonight.

The better model sale on their ebay site:

You just missed the Cinema for 199£. :( Well hopefully you can find one as 2nd hand. Might be good idea to put wanted add...

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom