RX-A2060 compatability with Sky Q UHD

malski1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi has anyone got the RX-A2060 and Sky Q working in ultra HD?

I have a Sony Z9 and have connected the Amp and TV on the ARC HDMI port.
AV3 is connected to the Sky Q box
When I try to increase the image size on Sky to 4K (2160)it asks about some color bit, i.e. 10/8, I have tried both and still cannot view in ultra HD. It doesn't accept the change.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi has anyone got the RX-A2060 and Sky Q got it working in ultra HD?

I have a Sony Z9 and have connected the Amp and TV on the ARC HDMI port.
AV3 is connected to the Sky Q box
When I try to increase the image size on Sky it asks about some color bit, i.e. 10/8, I have tried both and still cannot view in ultra HD.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Try changing 4k mode to mode 1 in the advanced settings menu (only accessible from the front of the receiver). Its in mode 2 as a default which prevents HDR from being passed but might also stop the sky q box outputting 4k.

Try changing 4k mode to mode 1 in the advanced settings menu (only accessible from the front of the receiver). Its in mode 2 as a default which prevents HDR from being passed but might also stop the sky q box outputting 4k.
Hi thanks, I tried this but the same outcome. Are there any settings on the colour bit that can be used, sky have this set to either 8 or 10, I think the default on the amp is 24 can this cause the issue?

Hi thanks, I tried this but the same outcome. Are there any settings on the colour bit that can be used, sky have this set to either 8 or 10, I think the default on the amp is 24 can this cause the issue?

The video will be either 8 or 10 bit. 10 bit is what is usually associated with UHD encoded video and the RXA2060 should have no issues passing through 10 bit colour if set to the MODE 1 4K mode. Mode 2 would basically limit you to 8 bit 4:2:0 colour subsampling while Mode 1 gives you full UHD capabilities and the ability to passthrough 4K (60 Hz/50 Hz) signals in 4:4:4, 4:2:2 or 4:2:0 encoded video.

Look here in order to try find a resolution to the issue you are having:
Sky Help: Ultra HD setup error messages

Last edited:
Thanks dante01 I have a looked at that link but there is nothing there that I have not tried.
When I go into mode 1 and try to change the picture to 2160 on sky.. the picture goes blank and I can see 480p in the top left but still hear sound - this happens a few times before it brings up the standard Sky error message.
I am actually having a similar issue with my PS4 Pro - I can hear it but no picture, however if plugged directly into the TV it works... something is not right and a am hoping it is a setting I am missing. It seems like Mode 1 is the best default setting and will try this again tomorrow.
I wil also plug the Sky Q box directly into my TV - I am sure it will work.

Mode 1 is not the default. The receiver comes with the 4K Mode set to Mode 2 by default and you have to go into the ADVANCED SETUP settings to change this to MODE 1.

Hi I have now left the amp in mode 1, however I still cannot get sky to recognise the 4K resolution. I have the amp and TV connected using the ARC port and will check another one from the TV.

Latest updates on this was there was an issue with the HDMI cable, it had been extended by a connection, once changed the problem of sky went away. I did however notice that the picture quality is short of when the box is plugged directly into the TV. I am still having the issues with the PS4pro any helpers?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom