RX-A1080 & separating audio & video streams

Geo9

Novice Member
Hello guys. I have used the RX-A1080 for quite some time and am very happy with general usage.

However, I have come across a new situation that I would like to adapt to. If I am correct, it is possible to let the ARR use the audio from a certain audio stream (say from the mobile) and at the same time have the attached TV show something that is shown on a separate video (for example AppleTV)
The reason I ask, for the first time since this year the F1 rights have ended up on Viaplay in the Netherlands. That combined with a situation that the main commentator for the Dutch F1 is not coming along for the ride, he has been replaced. However, he has the audio rights for F1 and will continue to provide online radio commentary of each race. With this in mind he has created a new app which allows people to listen to his commentary & audio separately. I think you can see where I am going with this. I would like to stream that audio to my AVR and see the video of the Viaplay F1 stream (audio muted) at the same time on the TV.

What is the best way to go about this? Currently I have everything attached to the AVR. The TV, the apple TV all plugged in the A1080. I haven't been able to figure this one out yet. I tried testing it by streaming spotify from my mobile to the AVR, but as soon as I try to switch to AppleTV video it stops the spotify stream entirely. It's the same principle I imagine.

Could someone ELI5 this to me? I would be grateful.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom