RX-A1010 not powering on!

ivandiaz5

Standard Member
Hi, I've got mi Yamaha a year ago and until now I just cant turn it on. It was working properly, but stopped. As I go over the troubleshooting, looks like there was a "Protection circuit act" that happened 3 times consecutively. The remedy recommended is to take it to the nears Yamaha service center, but I live in Bogota, Colombia, and the closest one is in Miami, Florida :), too expensive to send it there.
Any hints on what I can do from here, a reset? many thanks,
Ivan

rhk

Standard Member
Hi, I've got mi Yamaha a year ago and until now I just cant turn it on. It was working properly, but stopped. As I go over the troubleshooting, looks like there was a "Protection circuit act" that happened 3 times consecutively. The remedy recommended is to take it to the nears Yamaha service center, but I live in Bogota, Colombia, and the closest one is in Miami, Florida :), too expensive to send it there.
Any hints on what I can do from here, a reset? many thanks,
Ivan
Had a similar issue with the yamaha ax 3010.
I disconnected it from the main power supply, ie removed the plug and left it overnight.
It powered on the following morning.
Hope it works for you.

ivandiaz5

Standard Member
I have fund this post from 2012, but on my 1010 cant follow those steps. I see the "No Protect" sign, but it then switches to present actual input, you can scroll for a couple of secs but cant find the solution described bellow (change preset INH to RSRV by using zone 3/4), don't have Zone 3/4, only Zone 2. Any hints? I imagine there is a combination of buttons that takes the unit of this state. :(

Post with possible solution, that I cant follow on my unit.
Press "Info" and "Tone/Balance" the same time and then switch on.
An Info appears like "no protect" or "i-protect" for 2 seconds.
Then there is a Menue for scrolling with zone 1/2.

My case: change preset INH to RSRV by using zone 3/4 and switch off.
Switch on, works perfect.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom