Rust and Bone Blu-ray Review & Comments

Tech News

Reaction score
Bleak but realistic; tragic but hopeful, French filmmaker Jacques Audiard's Rust and Bone (De rouille et d'os) is a compelling look at lost souls: individuals broken both in mind and body.

Painting a bold and unflinchingly raw portrait of true-to-life but hard-to-like characters, Audiard clinically exposes the heart- and gut-wrenching truth; this is an intense and intimate relationship drama that brazenly defies both convention and expectation, and delivers in unprecedented power and potency. It's no wonder that the film has garnered so many Awards, and it's also no surprise that fans were somewhat shocked to see it go unmentioned at the Oscars.

Although heavily publicised I would strongly recommend viewing this film without watching the Trailer and have gone to great lengths in this review to avoid giving away any of the same spoilers.

The story follows the lives of Alain and Stephanie, two...

Read the full review...

Great review one of the best from last year. :thumbsup:

Actually might get that Sainsbury's SE myself, it was a much better film than I expected...not as good as A Prophet though unfortunately. Still, pretty dedicated performances. I didn't see what the sourish reviews were about.

Cas excellent review of probably my most enjoyable viewing of last year, watching this movie was truly a rewarding & moving experience, not a dry eye in the cinema well mine at least.

I almost missed this because of Marion Cotillard. She won an Oscar for a film I never saw and I didn't rate her at all in Public Enemies or Batman. I'm glad I did see it because I thought it an excellent watch. I will be buying this when the price drops. :smashin:

I bought this based on this review and have had it sitting on my shelf for weeks.
Tonight I finally made the time to watch it and it was certainly worth waiting for.

I can imagine giving this repeat viewings, so it's a keeper for me :)

Thanks for the review Cas and for keeping it spoiler free :smashin:

Yes its an incredible movie experience and a belting blu ray to boot. Definitely a keeper. Cottilard is immense

How much is this in-store? Just wondering if I should order it online or get it in-store...not that my local Sainsbury's usually has anything below the top 20 chart.

Last edited:
Yeah I was gonna get the 2-disc anyway but was wondering if it was still cheaper in-store at Sainsbury's? I heard it was £9.99 on release?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom