Russound C5 Firmware Update Halted...Red Light Blinking

57AU1006

Novice Member
Reaction score
This is my first post. I wanted to say thanks for all the posts here. They have been incredibly helpful as I put together my first distributed home system.

I have been reading about performing the firmware update to version 7 on my c5 (currently has version 5). I followed all the instructions I found on the internet. The update initiated and the progress bar started suggesting it was working. The installation went through steps 1 and 2 then paused during step 3. At this point, the software stopped working (it was stuck on step 3 for 30+ minutes). I powered down the system and now when I turn it on two things happen:

1) the power light is flashing red at a 2/3 second interval
2) when the system is first turned on, 5 out of the 8 zone lights flash green at once, then stop (instead of the normal startup where all 8 zone lights go red as the unit boots up)

Now my computer will no longer connect to the c5. I have tried with both the usb and serial connections. I have searched extensively on this website and the internet for an answer, but have not found anything. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom